Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
T

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jul 11, 2020 10:26 AM

DIRECTV

My name is James.  I live in Honolulu, Hi. 

Right now, I have a Dish network.  

I’m paying 137.37 a month. 

Monthly TV 

America’s Top 250                   97.99 

Local Channels                          12.00   

Equipment 

Loyal Customer DVR                7.00 

HD/SD (2TV) Receivers           14.00 

Surcharges 

Regional Sports Surcharge     1.00 

FCC Regulatory Surcharge       .05 

Taxes 

State/Local tax (Sales)           5.69 

From your company, I what: 

DIRECTV Ultimate 250. 

I have 4 tv’s in my house.  You would have to tell me how many receives I will need. 

I what DVR receives. 

Local channel's 

Can someone please let me know how much will cost me for Install and monthly bill?  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a month ago

Get pricing and order online at directv.com

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

a month ago

Intro offers normally include equipment for up to 4 TVs. Per a Genie and up to 3 Mini Genies. That is 5 tuners and 1TB recording space between them (Minis are Clients of the Genie receiver, so similar in idea to Hopper and Joeys for Dish).

You can choose to replace Clients with HDDVRs. No difference in monthly cost, but you pay one-time lease cost of $199 per HDDVR as that is beyond the free equipment. They have 2 tuners and 500GB recording space each.

Local channels are included in all packages, so no separate local channel fee. Check www.directv.com/locals to see what DirecTV may provide you.

Choice and above get your RSNs: www.directv.com/rsn

Verify the RSN fee: https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/rsn_fee

Check the channels and packages before ordering service: https://www.att.com/channels/directv/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TomLe

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

25 days ago

Wow. I pay just about your $137/mo with just one HD DVR without any extras and somewhere in between the base and 2nd tier package. With what you want, after the promo price, I'd guess you'd probably pay $250/mo or more. Just a drunken estimate here.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

24 days ago

@TomLe 

At $137 that is more than a single TV on the base or 2nd Tier package with no extras. I would recheck your services instead of a "drunken estimate". If you truly had that kind of setup, you would be under $100. Either you have add-ons you are unaware of, or are on a higher package than you thought.

Packages from lowest to highest: Family, Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, Premier.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

18 days ago

KEEP YOUR DISH SERVICE; I PAY $171 FOR SIMILAR PACKAGE WITH DIRECTV! I have been a loyal customer for many years with DirecTV, but since they have been bought out by AT&T they rob you blind!!!!!!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

18 days ago

@Mama_Jane 

Just because you don't like pricing, doesn't mean they are "robbing you blind." Networks have increased over the years, so prices are higher to TV providers these days. As they have higher costs, then we see the same on our bill. AT&T acquiring DirecTV did not cause any major change to overall costs. Annual price adjustments were there years before AT&T. As long as networks keep raising pricing then all the TV providers will follow suit.

The amount of $171 is certainly on the higher end of services. So there is plenty to work with to get a better price for your budget. But the more you want, the more you pay of course.

• 

1 Message

15 days ago

We are having so many issues on getting answers with Direct Tv!! Direct Tv had told us that our DVR’s were 10 yrs old and that we were up for an upgrade. We scheduled for them to come do just that and they never showed up!! 2 times. So we called back and they are now telling us that we will be charged $99 for each DVR in the house that we get upgraded!!! We have 5 DVRS. That was not what they had told us the very first time we talked to them. We have recently talked to 6 people at different times and no one can help us!! They place us on hold for at least 40 minutes and then then the line cuts off!! I think it’s time for us to start looking for another provider. I will even have to change my cell phone provider from AT&T to another provider if they can’t resolve this issue!! 😡😡😡 830-591-8109

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 days ago

DVRs are $199 minis and H receivers are $99,  What are the model numbers you have now? 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.9K Messages

15 days ago

@Zamoraj1968 

Going from free to an upgrade with cost sounds most likely instead of rescheduling the appointment for the order already open, they were creating a new order while an existing one was still open.

However, not all upgrades are equal and some agents go overboard. And many new AT&T agents are unfamiliar with older models working with newer equipment. What are the exact models of each of your boxes? Want to make sure you get the upgrade best for your setup.

Get started...

Ask a new question