DIRECTV Whole Home DVR Not Working - Solutions From AT&T
Watch what you want, when you want—in any room you want.
Here’s how it works. When you connect an HD DVR to other HD DVRs or HD receivers in your home, each room has access to everything you’ve recorded on any connected TV. You can start watching a show in one room, then switch to another room mid-show. And much more. In some instances this feature does not work. Below are some steps that should help resolve this issue.
Reset All Receivers
To reset the receivers you can unplug it from power for 15 seconds or press and hold the red reset button located near the access card.
Turn On the Whole Home DVR function on the receivers
- Go to any TV in the Whole-Home network and press MENU on your remote control.
- Select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > Share Playlist.
- From this menu, you can change the Share Playlist setting. You can also select which receivers can delete shows from the playlist.
Note: You can also record and watch on all your TVs with a regular DIRECTV HD DVR for one of your TVs and a HD-capable receiver (models H21 or above) for each additional TV.
Name your receivers
Naming each receiver makes managing settings easier in your Whole-Home network.
- Go to your HD DVR and press MENU on your remote control.
- Select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > Name Location.
- Go to each receiver in your network and repeat steps 1-2.
Note: In some instances, you may need to delete recordings from the receiver it is on in order to remove it from the library.
Learn more about Genie
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService