Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
K

• 

1 Message

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:35 PM

Directv receiver and an existing Dish Sat on RV

Can I take one of my joeys from the house and connect it to the Dish satellite that came with the motor home?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

24K Messages

a month ago

So you have DirecTV service, but got an RV with a DishNetwork receiving dish?

If so, then you will need to replace the dish on the RV. The only dishes that overlapped the two providers for RV users only supported DirecTV's MPEG-2/SD-only feeds. Those are in the middle of a complete shutdown. You must have a slimline SWM dish or the Winegard Trav'ler.

A "Joey" is Dish equipment. I suspect you mean a Mini Genie Client. If so, those cannot work by themselves because they are a Client, not a receiver.

What are the model numbers of each DirecTV box you have?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.4K Messages

a month ago

A "Joey" is Dish equipment. I suspect you mean a Mini Genie Client.

Or the OP has Dish and they are just in the wrong place.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

24K Messages

a month ago

Since they say a DirecTV receiver, but there is a Dish satellite already on the RV, I think they are asking if the two are compatible. But yeah the "Joey" is what throws it off. Either they meant Mini Genie Client (DirecTV's equipment) or they are a Dish customer. I lean towards a typo, but I have seen a post in the past from someone who had no idea that Dish and DirecTV were different.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question