Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
T

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 1:51 AM

DirecTv HR54 reciever @ home and how in my RV?

Can I use/have DirecTv HR54 recievers and DVR at home and still use a non-HR54 receiver in my RV?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

The HR54 is the 3rd generation Genie. Accounts may only have one Genie as it works as a server.

Mini Genie Clients (C31, etc.) cannot work without the main box as they are extensions of it, not receivers. So don't get one of these as it will not do what you want.

Regular HDDVRs (HR20 thru HR24, and special R22), and HD non-DVRs (H21 thru H25) can be on the account with the Genie. So these would work in your RV. Just make sure you have a slimline SWM dish on a tripod/sled mount, or the Wingard Trav'ler, and not an older RV dish. That is because the old ones are MPEG-2/SD-only, which is in the process of being completely shutdown.

As a note, if offered do NOT get the Genie-2 (HS17). This model forbids other receivers on the account, only allowing Clients.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

Yes you can take the HR54 and minis to your RV provided you have a SWM slimline dish.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question