DirecTV HR24 can't reconnect to network after new router
The power supply on my old router (Netgear WNDR3700) died, so I upgraded to a new Netgear R6300v2. I basically mirrored the old configuration from the old router, but the new router automatically chose a different LAN subnet (presumably to avoid an IP conflict?) so all of the client devices' new IP address assignments are in the 10.0.0.X range (when formerly they were in the 192.168.1.X range). I think this is a clue related to my problem.
When I turned on my new router, all of my computer clients, NAS devices, phones, and tablets connected to the internet just fine. However, when I connected my router to the DirecTV HR24 via ethernet cable (into an inline DECA adapter to transmit ethernet data into the coax cable), I immediately lose internet connectivity on all of my client devices. Yes, I said all of my devices (phones, computers, etc. all lose internet access but retain their Wi-Fi or wired connection to the router). As soon as I disconnect my DirecTV HR24 receiver from the network, the internet indicator light on my router changes from orange to green and internet access is instantly restored on all of my clients. (How can connecting a single client affect the internet access of all the other clients?)
Here is what I have already tried:
- On HR24 Receiver:
- MENU ➜ SETTINGS & HELP ➜ SETTINGS ➜ NETWORK SET UP ➜ RESTORE DEFAULTS = NO CHANGE (FAIL)
- Manually assigning an IP address (and subnet, gateway, DNS, etc.) in the 10.0.0.X range = NO CHANGE (FAIL)
- Resetting the DECA network:
- 1. Disconnect AC power from each DVR and Receiver
- 2. Disconnect power from the DECA BB Adapter (black or white DECA BB box) or wireless adapter.
- 3. Disconnect power from the SWM dish Power Inserter (do you know where yours is located)?
- 4. Disconnect then reconnect AC power on your home network gateway/router and modem.
- 5. Wait a few minutes for the router to reset
- 6. Re-power the SWM Power Inserter.
- 7. Re-power the DECA Broadband Adapter or wireless adapter.
- 8. Re-power each DVR and Receiver
- Repeating Network Setup = NO CHANGE (FAIL)
The exact error result code is 86 (no network connectivity)
- On Netgear R6300v2 Router
- Powered down and rebooted with and without other clients to see if other device conflicts were to blame = NO CHANGE (FAIL)
One thing I have not tried is to make a static LAN IP address reservation (using the receiver's MAC ID if I can find it?).
In case it matters, I have 3 HR24's (HD DVRs) and 2 H24 (HD Receivers) all connected with Whole Home on a SWM network. I turn all of the other receivers off when troubleshooting, as I cannot seem to get the "main" HR24 online (the one with the DECA network adapter attached to it).
Does anyone have any other suggestions or tips at this point? Thanks in advance!