Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 4:28 AM

Directv Genie not letting other boxes see it

Directv recently replace one of my HR22 DVR's with an HR24, and my HR44 Genie with another HR44. The reason they replace the HR44 was because we could see the playlist from the other boxes on the Genie, but the other boxes could not see the Genie's playlist. We get a message the the Genie is no longer connected to your home network. Also, the old box would go to frame by frame playing and loose audio when watching shows from the other boxes. Well, tonight the new box fell off the network again. In order to get it back, we had to reset the Genie box. Any ideas?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

This is starting to sound like the issue is somewhere in the cabling and not the boxes themselves.

Make sure coax is finger tight into each box.

Reset Genie and when finished (not before) then reset your regular HDDVRs one at a time.

If needed you can also refresh the service authorizations: www.directv.com/refresh

Since the Genie is built as a server, hopefully that completely resyncs the boxes. If not, then somewhere in the cabling networked is not staying completely connected which would require a tech out. Try the reset in that exact order first, but if it still is causing a problem then call DirecTV to arrange a service call.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Both HD DVR's had loose connetions on th eback of the wall receptacles. Tightened both and did resets. So far, so good. Thanks.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

Very good to hear. Always nice when it is something so simple. Though aggravating depending on how long it is until you come to the right answer, as I know from personal experience.

Some time after I had upgraded to my Genie, where I have 2 HDDVRs (originally the special R22s, then HR23, other HR24, and then warranty replaced HR23 which got HR24), and got a new TV and stand, I was having an issue with the Genie resetting. Finally figured out there was room for my cat to get behind and lay on the cords, which made the power cord loose. So did a bit of moving around to secure the area where the cords were and secured them and been fine since.

Fingers crossed that no issues occur in the near future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.