Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 8:06 PM

Directv escalation

I have exhausted all escalations at this point. I have been a loyal DirecTv customer for over 15 years and my monthly payment is over $200. My equipment has not been functionally properly for months. I have called 6 times and after trying to schedule an upgrade appointment and being on the phone an average of 45 minutes, the customer service representative put me on hold, then disconnected the call. I’m sure you company can review these calls.

Next, I decided to send an message on Twitter. After discussing the events with another CSR, I finally had an appointment scheduled with a technician. The appointment was cancelled last minute after I stayed home all day. The reason was that the tech did not have the correct equipment. Another appointment was scheduled and yet again, the appointment was cancelled the same day as I waited all day. Finally, on Saturday, May 30th, the tech showed up, installed the new receivers. He left and said the receivers were not working and the system was down. He had his supervisor call me and said they would contact me on Monday and I would not have Directv access for the entire weekend. Now, it’s Monday, halfway through the day, and no one has contacted me.

Responses

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Directv has the worst customer service and they do not care if they lose a customer. I live in an apartment complex that shares a dish, and the dish is on the other side of the building. The other tenants all have Xfinity. I started losing service a week ago and not dont have service - When I called the number on the screen with the error, I was told the dish at our complex needs an adjustment and I would need to pay $199.00 or buy insurance for $8.99 a month. What if someone else in my apartment decided to get Directv? Do we split this bill? Do they start of with no service? These guys are HORRIBLE.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

You have to contact the MDU service company if that is a shared dish as DTV doesn't service shared dishes.

Service calls are only $99, $199 sounds like they where charging you for a new DVR.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question