Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Jul 18, 2018 9:25 PM

Directv deploy broke Remote Volume for TCL Tv

Anyone else lose the ability to use the volume on the R65 Directv remote with their 4k TCL TV's yesterday.  I spoke to Directv customer support and they said they are aware of the issue and working on it.  It's been 24 hours with no luck so far.  Cruious how wide spread this issue is.  You would think a company like AT&T would have better QA on a deploy.Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 3.58.18 PM.png

1 Attachment

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

2 years ago

The new TCL update is the problem not DTV,  they are working on it

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Download the new Roku update under settings and the volume will work again. It took roku 4 months but they finally fixed this. 

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 years ago

There's at least 3 threads about this very thing already. Directv doesn't fix anything within 24 hours.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 years ago

I take that back, there's only one other thread.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having problem with my Directv remote RC66RX and my TCL TV. It started this afternoon and TCL told they did a software update today. My remote was working fine  this morning but I can't turn my volume up or down with it this afternoon. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue ever since TCL did an update on July 18th. I hope directv fixes it soon as it’s a royal pain! They don’t even list TCL as an option in their TV listing even though it’s a top 5 TV being sold in the USA!

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Believe it or not if i point the remote at the right angle towards the ceiling, not the tv, then i can get the volume and mute to work.  SMH

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I still can't turn my volume up and down

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

2 years ago

There is nothing DTV or you can do until TCL fixes their update.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.4K Messages

2 years ago

This is affecting all Roku TVs. The TV manufacturer updated the firmware and broke the interface with the white remote. The TV manufacturers and Roku are well aware of the problem and are working to fix it. there is nothing DirecTV can do to fix it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

It sounded crazy, but, I just tried it and it worked! Will have to do for now until update is fixed. Thanks! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

It sounded crazy, but, I just tried it and it worked! Will have to do for now until update is fixed. Thanks Dennise1074!!

tivoburkee

Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

I can only think what this update did was make the roku tv more sensitive to IR commands it responds to, and with extra command White directv remote add to each press of the volume key, making it unrecognizable to the tv. So try the following on the directv remote:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 6 3

4. press CH DOWN

Now test the volume commands.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

2 years ago

Welcome back @tivoburkee !  Haven't seen you around lately.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Tried the 963/channel down and it didn't work, thanks for trying, I'll just keep doing the one option that dennise1074 suggested, that still works until they fix the update.