Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
E

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 9:15 PM

direct tv geni2

how can i upgrade to a geni 2 but still keep my box to use in are trailer ??

Responses

Cstarman922

Employee

• 

564 Messages

a month ago

You can't. The Genie 2 forbids any other stand alone receivers from being on the same account, only clients. There is currently no work-around for this.

The only way this could be done is having two accounts; one account for the home with the Genie 2 and clients, and another account strictly for the trailer and it's stand-alone receiver.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

a month ago

@ed5154

Do NOT upgrade to the Genie-2 (HS17). It is a restrictive design that forbids what you want to do. It doesn't allow receivers on the account, only Clients. Those clients cannot work without being connected to the main box, so is very unfriendly for those with a trailer, camper, RV, etc.

What are the models of each box you do have? We can give guidance on what would be the optimum upgrade for your setup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question