Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 15, 2019 9:26 PM

Direct TV Antenna

I cancelled my service and returned all the equipment except for the antenna.  The customer service rep for ATT mentioned that I would get a call from a tech to pick up the antenna.   It has been 3 months and I have not heard from them and it has not been picked up.  What can I do?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.4K Messages

8 months ago

Nothing. The dish is yours. Directv does not pick up dishes when accounts are cancelled.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

I choose to cross a little overkill on these because you by no means recognize whilst you would love to choose up a station it really is a ways away and also you cannot if your best outdoor TV antenna is crap. I offered a UHF VHF antenna that turned into quite tons the most important one Winegard made. I needed to add a rotator for it but I could pick up stations you by no means could have believed I may want to get from in which I became at.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

@bellanjohnsaon0

This thread is from months ago about the OP wanting to know if they had to return the DirecTV receiving dish (some refer to as antenna).

Your regular TV antenna will have nothing to do with that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

8 months ago

@delafuente2003 

Agent gave you bad info. DirecTV never sends someone to remove/reclaim the receiving dish. Upon install you own it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Omg! Thanks! I guess I will be looking for somewhere to recycle it. The antenna was not installed on my roof, it’s in my patio and taking lots of room.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

8 months ago

The receiving dish itself gets recycled like other metal, but the LNB (the eye) will be electronic recycling.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…