Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
G

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 1:46 AM

DECA 3rd Generation BB adapter

Hi,

I have an HR44-500 receiver installed by a DirecTV technician. The HR44-500 is connected wirelessly to my home network. I'm looking to find a way to provide a wired Internet connection from my router to the HR44-500 via the existing coax cable. The coax cable runs from the dish into the SWiM ODU only ( a SWM Power Inserter ), through the walls and then into the back of my HR44-500.

Can I use the DIRECTV 3rd Generation Broadband DECA Ethernet to Coax Adapters to provide Internet from my router to my receiver via the DirecTV dedicated coax cable? If so, how should I hook them up especially the end at the router?

Thank you.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

a month ago

You can use an Ethernet cable from the router plugged directly into the HR44 otherwise you have to run coax (or Ethernet cable) to the router then you need a 2way splitter and maybe a short coax jumper, the Ethernet cable connects to the router and DECA BB then the coax connects to the SWM splitter then the coax from the HR44 connects to the open port on the SWM splitter the top single port connects to the "TO IRD" on the power inserter. then if you have the A/C power brick it connects to the whip end of the DECA BB or if you have the USB version you need a USB port.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Thanks, appreciate it!

Get started...

Ask a new question