Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
R

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 23, 2020 6:22 PM

Connecting DVD/VCR players with a C61 or C51 genie bos

I just upgraded to HR 54 genie with a satellite C61 on one other  tv and C51 on another.  I have DVD/VCR players on both the C61 and C51.   I can get the satellite C setups to  to play tapes or dvds but cannot figure out how to get them to record. Please help.  Do I just need a DIN  10 pin connector and if so where do I connect that on DVD player?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.8K Messages

2 months ago

You need the composite 10 pin din cable.

The red/white audio RCA plugs into the red/white audio inputs on the VHS/DVD recorder and the yellow video RCA plug goes to the yellow input on the VHS/DVD recorder.

Are you sure they are VHS/DVD recorders as players don't have inputs to record.

Just in case the C61K mini doesn't have the A/V output jack needed to use the 10 pin din cable.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25K Messages

2 months ago

Would suggest with your next free upgrade to replace a Mini Genie (Client) with HDDVR (receiver). That way you get 2 tuners and 500GB recording space, instead of stealing from the Genie. More reliable and capable setup with no difference in monthly cost.

The DVD/VCR will record from the TV in real-time as you schedule on them, not controlled by DirecTV equipment. DirecTV boxes only have outputs, so no other devices run through them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks everyone.  I will try what Shannon suggested.  I like to record some things on DVD/VCR as I have vacation home with no access to Genie or internet. Old school I guess!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25K Messages

2 months ago

Just be sure you do not connect the DVD recorder (or DVD/VCR combo unit) by HDMI. This is because networks don't allow recording HD content to external devices so it doesn't cut into their media sales. As such HDCP will error if you try otherwise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question