Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 7:42 AM

CCD

Does DirecTV's Receiver Box provide onscreen display of CCD; and if so, does it over-rule the TV's CCD settings or allow the TV to have control over CCD parameters??? I am a 'POTENTIAL' customer!

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

4 months ago

Yes DTV receivers have Closed Captioning they also have a DTV version, AFAIK use the receiver's CC.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Bon matin, shannon02,

1) "AFAIK" - What is???

2) If DTV Receivers provide CCD, then I assume (?) that eliminates being able to use TV's CCD settings???
That's the exact problem I'm having right NOW with SuddenLink Cable TV service! Their HD receiver's
on/off only setting is ALL I got & thus cannot use DETAILED TV CCD settings, such as font SIZE, font &
background COLORS, etcs. Am looking for Solution!!!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

4 months ago

@LSUcajun wrote:
Bon matin, shannon02,

1) "AFAIK" - What is???

2) If DTV Receivers provide CCD, then I assume (?) that eliminates being able to use TV's CCD settings???
That's the exact problem I'm having right NOW with SuddenLink Cable TV service! Their HD receiver's
on/off only setting is ALL I got & thus cannot use DETAILED TV CCD settings, such as font SIZE, font &
background COLORS, etcs. Am looking for Solution!!!

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

Right. Use the DirecTV box's CC settings. And the box has adjustments for font size and screen location.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.