Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
E

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jun 3, 2020 5:45 AM

caller ID on a HR54-200 receiver.

Just had a HR54-200 receiver installed and I can't find anywhere to turn on caller ID. Had it on my old receiver and miss it. How can I get it for this receiver? The installer said it was no longer a need to hook a phone line to the new upgrade, so he didn't. I tried to hook up the phone line to the receiver and all my land lines went dead. HELP

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

Caller ID on TV is a discontinued feature for DirecTV. Starting with the HR44, the new software removes the menu option. Starting with the HR54, boxes are no longer made with phone jacks.

The feature was only to encourage people to be connected to a phone line. The DirecTV benefit was order PPVs by the remote, getting software updates (much older models), and sending anonymous viewing data.

Now software updates come fully through the satellite. They want people internet connected for On Demand, ordering PPV by remote, etc.

The feature hasn't been supported in years, just left to run "as-is" in the old software. So going forward they are no longer investing in a feature that only supports 3rd party service and not DirecTV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for the quick come back. Not quite the answer I was looking for but I guess I'll have to live with it. Thanks again.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

As a note regular HDDVR (HR24 and earlier) still have the phone jack and run on the earlier software. If you have more than 1 TV, make sure to have HDDVRs instead of Clients on the additional TVs. That way you still have the option to use Caller ID on TV for those other ones, plus instead of stealing a tuner from the Genie like Clients, HDDVRs have 2 tuners and 500GB recording space of their own. Recordings can still be watch on other boxes of course.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question