AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
H

• 

8 Messages

Sun, Sep 13, 2020 12:57 AM

Blocking deleting ability from playlist from all rooms except from one

I want to find out how to only be able to delete programs from my playlist from only one room. I want to block other rooms from being able to delete anything from the playlist 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

Short answer: HS17 forbids doing what you want.

The HS17 is the Genie-2 (Headless Server tower). Unfortunately this means you cannot block deletion from other rooms. This model only allows Clients on the account. So you have one DVR that runs all your TVs. The Clients cannot be blocked from the main box.

This is one of the main reasons I am against that model. A regular Genie with HDDVRs allows more freedom (disabling remote deletion), more capability (HS17 is a hard cap of 7 tuners but Genie and 2 HDDVRs is already 9 tuners), and more reliable (Main box goes down then all Clients go with it, but HDDVRs being full receivers can work independently if needed).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

2 months ago

If you have a Genie and minis it can't be done.

(edited)

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

I dont have a genie or minis. I have Direct TV.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

What are the receivers model numbers?

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

Model # EPS10R1-16

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

a month ago

That's a power supply. What are the model numbers of your receivers?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

@Hstreight 

Genie and Minis are not a service provider but DirecTV equipment.

A Genie and Mini Genie Clients are types of DirecTV boxes. Clients are not receivers, but extensions of the main Genie so always have access to the playlist.

Genie: HR34, HR44, HR54 (or revised HR54R1)

Client: C31, C41, C41W, C51, C61, C61K, C61W

Genie-2: HS17

Genie Lite: H44

So Genie or regular HDDVR (HR24 and earlier) go into Whole Home settings and adjust delete options. So you can block one DVR from another, or even hide it. It is the Clients that can always have access to the Genie.

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

Where do I find the model #'s you need on my receiver?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

The model number is on a label on the inside of the access card door on the front, or on the bottom of some boxes (such as Clients which have no access card of their own).

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

You can also press menu then scroll to Settings & Help then Settings

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

I went to settings from my menu then to whole-home settings. It says allow deletion from and has a box next to it that looks like I should be able to change the settings to allow deletion from my playlist from my room only but it's not lit up. So it wont let me change the settings. 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

a month ago

Please just answer the question. What are the model numbers of the boxes you have. With that we can give you an immediate answer!

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

The model number of the main receiver is HS17-100. Do you need the other model numbers  to each box in each room?

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

Ok thank you for answering my question.  Do you know of any way to block certain recorded shows from being deleted ?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

Nope.

Get started...

Ask a new question