Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 5:43 PM

Alexa and Genie Mini not working

I have recently upgraded our system from an HR44 to the new HS17 with c61k mini. We previously had our amazon eco dot synced and working with Alexa. Now that we upgraded to new equipment the DirecTV skill doesn’t see the Mini within the skills app as an available device... it still show the old device that we no longer have... have tried unlinked account, removing the old device, starting from the beginning. Checked every device to make sure they are all connected to the internet and also thru the same WiFi signal 2.4ghz just to be safe... the DirecTV skill still only shows the old HR44 when trying to discover new devices. Is there something that ATT/DirecTV need to do on their end to fix this? I talked with DirecTV advanced support and they came to the conclusion my setup wasn’t compatiable... which it clearly should be and alll the documents provided by ATT/DirecTV show it is compatiable. The Tech went on to say they would have the documents updated and corrected to show it isn’t supported, which I do not believe at all...

Not really sure what else we can do to try and get our new Mini’s to show up in the Alexa DirecTV skill...

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

a month ago

The Genie-2 (HS17) doesn't have the exact same compatibility as the regular Genie line (HR34, HR44, HR54). Being a server tower as opposed to a traditional receiver it is programmed a little different. So there have been some compatibility issues and post-launch bugs. Because of that and that it forbids HDDVRs, only allowing Clients, it is not recommended in many cases.

Can you completely remove and then reinstall the skill itself? (wasn't sure if that is what you meant by start at the beginning)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Yeh I understood how the HS17 worked before we upgraded. But The Mini’s are still supposed to able to be controlled through alexa(so says their documentation)

Yes I have disabled the skill and relinked the account and also completely removed the devices from the device list on the known devices on amazon. It still shows the old HR44 that isn’t in our network anymore.

• 

2 Messages

Took me awhile to find this Forum, weird that ATT had no link, thanks to Google I got here and found your post which as I read it, was exactly what I was getting ready to post. So it kind of looks like someone dropped the ball. I too found my old receiver still showing up and though the new one shows, it will not link. I'd say Amazon will not be much help as it is ATT skill. Hope some "official" stumbles on this thread and comes up with an answer. I miss being able to "skip" without touching the remote.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…