Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 10:55 PM

Adding DVR box for RV

I have just experiencecd my worst customer service experience in 15 years. After 5 different Reps and 3 hours on the phone, they kept trying to have me call a number that doesn’t work from Alaska. Its so unreal to me, to think no one get simple add a dvr box to my account. I wanted to add DVR box, so i don’t have to carry between house and RV. I see online its possible...not sure how after today...time to call dish and Verizon. I would not given today experience a one star out five. Anyone have better suggestion than trying the competitor ?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

a month ago

What are the models of boxes you currently have? This might affect your options for getting an additional.

Make sure your RV has a SWM setup with a slimline dish on a tripod/sled mount, or that you have the Winegard Trav'ler (DirecTV specific of course) as any other dish setup is for the MPEG-2 feeds that have been working on a complete shutdown since April 2019.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

I have a genie Box at house with three wifi boxes. The RV was already Direct TV but old owern took box

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

@Phyonker What "genie box" model? If it's an HS17 Genie Server you're out of luck. You can't use the mini Genies without the HS17, and the HS17 can only work with mini Genies. DirecTV won't let you add a regular DVR or Receiver to an account with the HS17.

If you have an HR44 or HR54 Genie DVR, then you could take that with you in the RV. But the Genies require a SWM Slimline dish or newer Winegard Trav'ler dish. What's on your RV?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

@Phyonker

As long as your Genie is the regular one (HR34, HR44, HR54) and not the Genie-2 (HS17) server tower, then you can get a HDDVR or HD non-DVR for the RV.

The concern is that the RV most likely has an old non-SWM setup with an MPEG-2 dish. These need to be replaced as the old feeds they use are shutting down, so can only be used in limited areas until the shutdown completes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com