Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 11, 2020 6:13 PM

Add service to room with no coax?

Hi, I just moved into a new home and transfered my service. I have a Genie HD (gen 3) as the main box (comes into master bedroom, not using the 4k TV input though) and a 4k genie mini (main living room TV using 4k). Both are connected with coax. I want to expand the service into another room, but there are no coax drops in any of the other rooms in this house. I see a "wireless genie mini" listed in new equipment, would that work with my existing setup and stream from the main Genie over the mesh wifi I have?

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

2 weeks ago

What is the model number of your "Genie HD (gen 3)" box?

If it's an HS17 Genie Server, then you can simply add a wireless C41W or C61W Mini Genie. Note that the wireless Minis are not 4K boxes.

If it's an HR44 or HR54 Genie DVR, then you'll need a Wireless Video Bridge connected somewhere to your satellite coax cables to create the wireless network needed for the Wireless Minis.

Call DirecTV at 1 (Phone number hidden) and they'll set you up with the right equipment.

(edited)

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 weeks ago

By Genie HD (gen 3) I take it you have the HR54, which is the 3rd generation in the regular (good) Genie line. You have 2 options.

1. Order a wireless Mini Genie Client (C41W or C61W depending on stock). This will require a wireless video bridge (WVB) installed somewhere on the coax as it is the wireless antenna that connects to the Client. The WVB is an owned accessory not covered by an upgrade, so there is a $99 wireless setup fee which covers the purchase.

2. Order a HDDVR. This will give you 2 tuners, 500GB recording space, and does not go down if ever the Genie does. This requires coax to be run into the room of course. The tech would run the coax as normal. You don't need pre-existing coax.

There is no monthly cost difference between the options as it is $7 for the additional TV.

It will be an upgrade order with 24 month service agreement.

Neither option is 4K, as the only option for that is the C61K which is wired only.

If upgrade is not free, it would be one-time lease cost of $99 for Client, or $199 for HDDVR.

Personally, HDDVR is best option, especially if you have a free upgrade since the WVB is not free.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.