Access DVR on Laptop

How to access DVR on laptop?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

3 months ago

The only way is to use a USB video capture device in SD and real time with composite cable to the DVR.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 months ago

You cannot access DVR on laptop for remote viewing. Either use the DirecTV app on a mobile device (phone/tablet) for in-home streaming, or before you leave to copy recordings for up to 30 days for non connected viewing (must be HR44 or later for feature).

Otherwise you would need to do some jury rigging with an audio capture device to record in SD and in real-time to get on your computer.

Content owners do not want their programs easily going to other devices as cuts into their sales (Blu-ray, digital download, etc.).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.2K Messages

3 months ago

Access for what purpose exactly? I’ve got a sling box connected to my dvr. Using the sling box app, I’ve got full control of my dvr from any device at home or away.

Get started...

Ask a new question