Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 3:13 AM

4K Vizio TV (V655-G9) says "TV doesn't support 4K" - just had the 4K upgrade

When on the 4K Channel(s) - 105 / 106 I get the message I'm watching in 1080. When I go to Settings / Display / TV Resolution the 4K Box is "grayed out" and says "(TV doesn't support)."

Vizio says it's a DirecTV compatability issue that will be addressed in a future uppste ONCE IT'S RESOLVED BY DRECTV.

Is this true?

Is there some type of "work around" to get the 4K to work for now?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

a month ago

Do you have a C61K mini connected to an HDMI 2.0 HDCP2.2 60 fps TV HDMI port?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Yes, I "think".... Vizio told me to move the HDMI to "HDMI 2" (from HDMI 1) - which I did.... didn't work. Also tried turning the "UHD Color" Setting... restarted - then just kept flashing between a black screen and a snowy screen.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Signal comes into the newest "tower" (4K) Genie, then to a box, then to the TV

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Justed checked.... the signal comes into the box - the HDMI to the TV

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

@shannon02

Yes, I "think".... Vizio told me to move the HDMI to "HDMI 2" (from HDMI 1) - which I did.... didn't work. Also tried turning the "UHD Color" Setting... restarted - then just kept flashing between a black screen and a snowy screen.

The signal comes into the box the directly to the TV (to HDMI 2).

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.9K Messages

its a communcation error between the tv and the mini

make sure tv firmware is up to date

turn tv on, wait a couple of secons then turn mini on

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

We have 2 vizio tvs. There is something wrong. The genie does not recognize vizio tvs. Had the techs out. They changed the genie box. Same problem. The solution, he hooked it to the av input. We have a nice hdtv 1080p, with a cheap low resolution input. The picture is fuzzy.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.9K Messages

what model vizios?

i would wager its a vizio issue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.