Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Mar 9, 2018 1:17 AM

4K Receiver Upgrade

Today I called DIRECT TV to inquire about adding 4K Service after I was called by a person telling me they were from DIRECT TV asking me if I wanted to upgrade my service, I already have Choice Xtra and pay $150-$160 a month. I was told 4K was free and I could upgrade to it, I said let me think about I so I called back. Needless to say the online rep told me I would need to upgrade my Genie to a 54 and I said ok, But then he hit me in the gut-- It will cost me $350. If you want us to pay your monthly fees, then you need to provide your customers with the equipment necessary to enjoy what we pay our monthly fees for.

Jimmy M[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Add Services

FREE
To activate, please call
1-866-257-7817
This service allows you to enjoy your favorite entertainment in stunning life-like clarity with a full-time 4K TV channel and 4K On Demand. What else do I need to view?

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for the update. This has bee the same result with ATT ever since
they took over. The price keeps going up ad the service goes down.
Seriously ow looking at YOUTUBE as they give me everything I have at 1/2
the cost.
4K is not up to speed and now TV Suppliers are touting 8K.
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

7 months ago

directv price has went up the same as other services

eventually streaming will raise prices, its just a matter of time for many reasons

cant send 4k, if its not being shot and delivered in 4k

tv manufacturers can do what they want, but content creators have to adopt it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 months ago

I am sure you are correct about the prices will go up, however as long as
you have a smart TV, you can access anything you want wit a subscription to
Netflix, Hulu Etc for $8-12 a month. Just have to wait a few days. Unless
you are really into sports, that is mostly what older people want anyhow.
Even all the sports are showing on youtube.
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

7 months ago

except for the 15% of the country that has no broadband

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.