Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
C-I-E-I-O's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jan 22, 2019 6:02 PM

2019 Local Channel Connector

Anyone innnthe Las Vegas, Sal Lake City, or, any other market that is currently supporting the new usb local channel adapter, coul you post the manufacturer info, and the model number of the device? The software in the geni server has been updated to support this connector, and, in my area, the guide has the information about the programming. I would like to purchase a compatable unit to test.  I do not get any of the sub channels here, andccwoukd like to add them in.

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

many people want this.  but its not available nationwide yet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I understand that. I also believe that it is a 3rd party irem, branded for directv.  I am trying to find out more about it. My geni server, in Florida, is ready for it. I can get to the guide information for the create channel, a public television sub channel, which is not carried by dirssctv. After locating the information on the channel via the search feature, i clicked on the current program running on Create at the time.  It knew that it was channel 24-2, and had a description of the show. Trying to watch it grought up an error that stated that the local channel connector could not be found.

So, i am trying to buy one, not get a free one.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.1K Messages

2 years ago

AFAIK DTV will be the only place you can order it when it is released.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

2 years ago

The LCC from DirecTV is only for the Las Vegas and Salt Lake test markets. Hopefully it will be available nationwide soon, but a launch date is not yet available. You cannot buy a LCC until out of testing.

If by chance you can acquire the former AM21 from a 3rd party/individual seller, it uses the same database which is being updated again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.5K Messages

2 years ago

@Juniper wrote:

If by chance you can acquire the former AM21 from a 3rd party/individual seller, it uses the same database which is being updated again.

Except that the AM21 will not work with the HS17 Genie2 Server. 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

2 years ago

At the moment, we don't actually know if the LCC will work with the HS17 either

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.5K Messages

2 years ago

@TexasBrit wrote:

At the moment, we don't actually know if the LCC will work with the HS17 either

I thought they added the Off Air menus to the HS17 so that the LCC would work?

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

2 years ago

The code is there in the latest release but no-one has actually reported using it.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I have the am-21 with an HR-44 and it now shows all of the  correct channels for my area, but the database is not being updated.  It lists "regular programming."  I tried to order the LCC and I finally got the answer that it's not available in my area (Scranton/WB DMA).  This is after they shipped me a Home Cinema connector and almost shipped me a slimline dish.  😞

Are all the databases being updated, or just those in test markets?  

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

2 years ago

As far as we know, all the databases are being updated,

we keep telling people the LCCis not available but no-one believes us and people keep trying. The CSR places an order for something else (even sometimes a cable). When the LCCis available we will post it in this forum.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

2 years ago

@pgn2000 wrote:

I have the am-21 with an HR-44 and it now shows all of the  correct channels for my area, but the database is not being updated.  It lists "regular programming."  I tried to order the LCC and I finally got the answer that it's not available in my area (Scranton/WB DMA).  This is after they shipped me a Home Cinema connector and almost shipped me a slimline dish.  😞

Are all the databases being updated, or just those in test markets?  

The database is being updated, that is how additional sub-channels are being listed in the first place. Don't know how long it will take for individual programming to be listed as there are many sub-channels across the country that DirecTV did not have info for before.

The LCC itself is only available in the Las Vegas and Salt Lake test markets. No ETA on when it is planned for national launch. There is a FAQ on DirecTV's website, intended for those in the test markets, but may update down the road when they prepare for national launch or at least perhaps expand the test markets: www.directv.com/lcc

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

This is good information and I appreciate the info. 

I searched the web for info on this as soon as I saw the prompt to scan for channels; that was before this thread had started.  DirecTV's links give no indication about limited availability on the links nor when I called the first two times inquiring about the device.  A few months ago, a friend of mine indicated his neighbor has an LCC (I had no idea what he was talking about at the time).  Not sure how or why he got it since he's in the same DMA.

What puzzles me is that when I did my first scan a week or so ago, I had all the channels in my area.  Last night I scanned and now one is missing..because it's no longer transmitted OTA (issues from weekend storm damage).  It's not even available in my normal satellite supplied channel...showing the "we're aware of the problem message."  So if the devices are relying completely on the mystery database, then why did it drop?  

Is the LCC even needed if the AM-21 still appears to work (except the guide data)?  At least before this latest update, I could add a secondary fake local and was able to record programs, now it's pretty much useless.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I am not in an approved market area, however, my guide is being updated.

Go to Menu, then Search.

Type in the name of a sub-channel station (I used CREATE)

It shows two items that are stations, "24-2 WUCFDT2" and "11-3 WTTWDT3".
This is based on the two zip codes I registered as local.

I click on the 24-2 item, and it brings up a page with the upcoming airings
- for the next two (2) weeks.

I tested bot the Chicago market (WTTW) and the Orlando Market (WUCF).

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Ok....I'll try that later.  Is it possible those two sub-channels were already in the database from the original set?  All of the sub-channels I already had still have correct guide data, it's just the newer adds.  18702...WNEP2 and Create were there from the original roll-out of AM-21.  I'm not seeing Cozi (WYOU 22-4) or MeTV (WWSB 38-2).

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

2 years ago

The LCC itself is only in a couple test markets, but the database that is the same one used by the AM21 is getting updates. As for the extent of the updates or when we all get them, that is yet to be seen.

Wish there was more public info on this, but for now it is "updates to come".

Get started...

Ask a new question