Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Jamz145

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Oct 15, 2016 11:33 AM

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm on Win7, using Firefox and Chrome.

I clicked the "Install DirectTV Player" button and it downloads "CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.exe" I installed that and it still goes back to the "Install DirectTV Player" page.

I thought maybe the button was giving me the wrong link so I looked up the url for DIRECTTV Player 12.1 and installed that as well, but still stuck on this page. I tried clearing cache, restarting pc, relogging.

Nothing seems to work. In fact I tried this on a second Win7 computer with the same results. I don't know what is going on but I can't get past this screen.

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

How is this STILL AN ISSUE 3 YEARS LATER?!

I have been paying for Direct TV for 2 freaking years and still can't stream! RIDICULOUS!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Edit the host file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc you have to do it as admin so open notepad as admin before editing it.  With videoguard 13 it looks like they changed company name from Cisco to Synamedia. So you have to add this at the bottom of the host file and it will fix it.  

127.0.0.1 drmlocal.synamedia.com

Former Employee

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks, but in my case all that is there is a "hosts" file and it is a sample file.  The entire etc directory is populated with sample files except for one -- "services"

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

The "hosts" file is the one with no extension and it has example info in it just add the line I put at the end of it and save it. This is the content of my hosts file.

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
# 127.0.0.1 drmlocal.cisco.com
127.0.0.1 drmlocal.synamedia.com # VideoGuard fix

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Just like a lot of people have stated here!!! I pay over $260 a month just for this crap. 3 years of this problem and you still have it. I am cancelling my service and any AT&T services I have, including the hundreds of plans I have for my business. Maybe if enough people do this it will put this worthless company out of business as they don't seem to care about the countless hours people have spent hanging on hoping it will be fixed.[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

• 

10 Messages

For the past thirty-one days, it keeps telling me to "Install DIRECTV Player" which I have done repeatedly. We (AT&T staff and I) have uninstalled the player(s) and re-installed them to no avail. It still keeps coming back to "Install DIRECTV Player". This issue has been "escalated" more than twenty times, but I have seen no response as a result of said "escalation".

----

I am getting pretty familiar with the customer service chat script, though. Take me through the same steps the twenty other representatives tried and then, "I have escalated this issue, is there anything else I can help you with?" Followed by "Chat has ended"

----

Flash is current (32.0.0.303) and enabled. This happens in Chrome and Firefox. I use Windows7. I clear caches at least daily. It was streaming fine until the 27th of November. DIRECTV_Player_12.1 and/or VideoGuard.13.0 depending if the player comes from you or the link on the DIRECTV site.

----

Streaming was great for the past 2+ years. Now I am looking for a refund for lost services or maybe I just need to cancel and move on.

----

Since I have not been able to use a service that I paid for, will I be refunded a month worth of DIRECTV Service? When referred to the ATT Support Forums, I saw that I am not the only one with this issue.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

did you get a fix for this ??

• 

10 Messages

lilrobo, no fix and the tech support call I was promised never happened. I cleared the computer for a call that was scheduled for noon last Monday. The call never came.

+

I may just have to bail on DIRECTV. Some are telling me YouTube TV is more reliable with most of the channels. Pretty disappointing customer service as I have not recieved a solution and it has been well over a month without service.

+

Thirty-seven days of calls/chats that always ended with, "This is beyond my scope. I have escalated this to the next level. Is there anything else I can help you with?" Followed by a "Call ended/Chat ended"

+

I guess now I just hope to recoup a refund for the service I paid for and I will move on to another provider.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

is youtube tv free ?

• 

10 Messages

YouTubeTV is not free, but since I am already paying for a service I have not been able to use for more than a month, I might as well cut ties with DIRECTV and try a service that works.

I have tolerated the lack of costumer service longer than most would have.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

i have dish and it works fine , wish direct worked , i get more channels with direct , dont know why they dont fix it

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I'm having the same problem on Firefox. I tried the solutions but nothing worked.

• 

10 Messages

Browser does not matter for me. I detailed the fixes that the customer service agents tried to guide me through.

+

Their script only goes so far and the the chat or call ends with, "Thank you for chatting with us today. The agent has left this conversation. Please continue to browse our website and use our self-service options." And you will not hear from them again.

+

Now several agents have said they will be in contact as they personally want to resolve the issue. "Scott" from the San Antonio office setup a scheduled call that never happened. "Akella" (ID# 723774) says I will recieve a call between 6 and 8pm tomorrow.

+

We shall see. If it is an issue on my side, I will fix it. I am more than annoyed at being ignored for 40 days. If I ignored the AT&T bill for 40 days, I am guessing I would get some attention.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

After I tried installing it repeatedly a few times, I got the dreaded blue screen of death in Windows. I ended up with the Windows 10 automatic repair loop where I kept getting the error and automatic repair would fail. I tried all options available to fix the problem but nothing worked.

I am now reinstalling Windows fresh as all the option that allowed me to keep my files and data failed.

I would stay away from installing the DirecTV Player software until all problems have been resolved or you risk getting the Windows BSOD and end up losing your files and data.

• 

10 Messages

PinoyJim, that would definitely make me avoid the DIRECTV Player. My issue is the constant loop of "Install DIRECTV Player" and never getting to see the channels that I have paid for.

_

I did finally get to talk to a real IT tech at DIRECTV late last night. We shall see if the "escalation" actually produces some results this time. Thirty-eight chats and a few calls.. and every communication said they would fix the issue.

_

Thanks DIRECTV/ATT! It only took 41 days and 38 chats/phone calls to get to someone that might fix the issue.

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

Ok.. the 5th call, scheduled by a DIRECTV agent, did not happen.

+

Not having a service that I paid for is pretty frustrating. Having five scheduled tech calls that are "no shows" is down right insulting.

+

My boss would have fired me after one "no show"

+

Since November 27, 2019, it keeps telling me to "Install DIRECTV Player" which I have done repeatedly. We (AT&T staff and I) have uninstalled the player(s) and re-installed them to no avail. It still keeps coming back to "Install DIRECTV Player". This issue has been "escalated" more than thirty times, but I have seen no response as a result of said "escalation".

+

If it is on my end, tell me how to fix it.

+

Flash is current (32.0.0.303) and enabled. This happens in Chrome and Firefox. I use Windows7. I clear caches at least daily. It was streaming fine until the 27th of November. DIRECTV_Player_12.1 and/or VideoGuard.13.0 depending if the player comes from Customer Support or the link on the DIRECTV site.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

DTV/ATT GET IT TOGETHER!!! and get problems resolved so any normal user can exercise the option, you say is available with their package, and watch DTV across many platforms.

I don't have the time, patience or expertise to go through the solutions offered below.

It is your duty to make the process of watching DTV as simple as falling off a log; this is not 1995!!

• 

10 Messages

I am close to giving up on the issue. I have been told my issue has been "escalated" since November 27, 2019. I have not heard anything since.

-

What little contact I did have was essentially hanging up on me or closing a support chat.

-

I wonder if Dish treats their longtime customers the same?

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

i have dish also and its very easy to use , it has the dvr function too , i been using it cant get direct to work at all

• 

2 Messages

I don't think much of DTV especially since it was taken over by ATT;

DTV is the only way to get NFL Sunday Ticket; I'm stuck until that changes.

jsigmo

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

It's not working for me on a Win 7 machine here either. Same symptoms as you're all reporting. It keeps asking me to install the player, but I've done that several times.

• 

10 Messages

The fun part is that after my issue was "escalated" in November, that was the last contact I had with anyone from DIRECTV / ATT. (Ok, a couple of dozen chats and calls where I was told the issue had been "escalated" as they closed the support chat or hung up on me.)

+

Not exactly the picture of reasonable customer service

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…