Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Dec 4, 2019 2:37 PM

Roku

I added the Direct TV app to Roku. When I attempt to open the app I have to enter my user ID and Password. When I connect I get the message "Not Quite Ready Yet. Our new app is almost ready for prime-time. Please check back soon."

I have been checking since September. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Reset the receiver and modem several times.  It is now December 4, 2019. What do I need to do to use the Direct TV app on Roku? 

Thanks, Cliff

Responses

Accepted Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

4 months ago

@Clifford202 wrote:

Sorry for the late response. I thought I would get an email which I did not get. No problem, I was not sure how this worked.

I have Direct TV Satellite equipment but can also watch on my phone. 

If you did not get an email notification when there was a response in the thread, I would check your profile settings.

DirecTV (satellite):

App is for mobile device only (smart phone/tablet)

The app does not support streaming/casting/airplay, etc. to TV so video disabled if you try it.

A few individual channels have their own apps, which are available on media streaming devices (Roku, Firestick, etc.)

To watch DirecTV on TV you pay for that authorized TV, by having a DirecTV box connected to it (even thru RVU Client).

That is the basis on how it works. The main reason app doesn't allow usage on a TV is because that avoids paying for that TV, which is against their business model.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for the response. Just want to let you know when I had Charter I was trying to lower my cost. I was told by a Charter representative than I could use Roku instead of paying for a Charter box. I installed the Charter application and it worked fine. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

4 months ago

The DirecTV app is not available for any media streaming device (Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, etc.). The only app for those devices would be what used to be called "Directv Now" (since renamed to "AT&T TV Now" to clear up the confusion).

With DirecTV you pay for each authorized TV on the service. That is why the app is not for Roku, and the apps on mobile devices (smartphone/tablet) may not cast/stream/airplay to TV.

Some individual channels will have their own app you can use on the Roku, logging in with your DirecTV credentials. But that is on a channel by channel basis.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.9K Messages

4 months ago

Do you have DirecTV Satellite equipment or DirecTV Now (renamed AT&T TV Now) streaming service?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

Sorry for the late response. I thought I would get an email which I did not get. No problem, I was not sure how this worked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

4 months ago

DirecTV is TV only service and not also a internet service provider (ISP) like Charter or other cable companies. As such any internet options (mobile or not) are secondary.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

@RachelJones

There is no DirecTV app for Roku. Their app is for on mobile devices (smart phone or tablet) only. And does not support streaming to TV.

You want DirecTV on a TV, you pay for it by having a receiver or client on it, not Roku. Some individual channels do have a Roku app, but not the DirecTV app itself.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…