Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Fri, Jun 5, 2020 10:49 AM

regional sports

I AM HAVING TROUBLE CANCELLING THE REGIONAL. I NEVER HAD IT ADDED TO MY PACKAGE AND I HAVE BEEN STUCK WITH IT FOR YEARS.

$10.00 A MONTH ADDS UP. I AM A WIDOW AND I NEED ALL THE MONEY I CAN GET.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

MARIANNE

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

a month ago

This thread may explain why you get charged and fee is not removed.

https://forums.att.com/conversations/directv-account/can-i-opt-out-of-the-regional-sports-fee-that-is-on-my-bill/5defc966bad5f2f60659102d

I have no regional sports teams, so don't get this fee.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

THANK YOU. I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A LONG TIME TO GET THIS REMOVED.

MARIANNE

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

You can't cancel the fee you have to lower your channel package to below Choice.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.2K Messages

Instead of raising all packages that have the RSNs (Choice and up) by the same amount, they itemize the RSN fee for where you live.

Going to Family or Select would have no RSNs (so no RSN fee) or other sport channels. Entertainment doesn't have the RSNs, but it does have 4 sports channels (the only difference from Select) so wouldn't be suggested if you don't watch sports at all.

When the RSN fee was separated from the package and itemized a couple years ago, they came out with a package called Preferred Xtra. It may be grandfathered as of this year, but if not it is highly recommended. No RSNs which removes the fee, plus the base cost is a little less than Xtra, making total cost similar to Choice with the RSN fee. More bang for your buck for those that don't watch sports.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question