Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
iobunny

Scholar

• 

307 Messages

Sun, Jul 2, 2017 4:49 AM

iPad Registration

Dear all,

For some reason my iPad has never been able to register for DVR access. How can I reset the box so all other devices fall off and I try to re-establish a connection. I got my iPhone to register but I don't want it as a registered device. I only want my wife's iPad Mini 4, my sons iPad Mini 2 and my iPad Air 2 to be registered. If I reset the box, will it loose all my DVR recording and listings?

This is what I get:

IMG_0810.PNG2nd screen failing to registerIMG_0811.PNG1st screen to DVR registerIMG_0811.PNG

3 Attachments

Responses

iobunny

Scholar

• 

307 Messages

3 years ago

@ATTDIRECTVCare - Sorry for the delayed reply. I was overseas in Europe last week and therefore unable to access the box. I have just reset the box using the red button and will see how it takes. I also deleted the app from my iPad and reinstalled it. Upon logging in I was able to get back on the account and the DVR Access worked!!! I'm so happy. THANK YOU!!!!

1. @eddie_albertare you up and running?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I wouldn't say I'm actually up and running but I am back to where I was
prior to the last app update. It's funny how everything is relative! Even
though I still have an unacceptable amount of glitches I am actually happy
to have it working as well as it does right now! Here is a copy of my reply
to the ATT Representative:

(Yesterday morning 7/8/17 I turned on my iPhone to watch news. DIRECTV
required a password so I knew something changed. I logged in on the phone.
I then turned phone off and opened directv app on iPad. No password
required. Fox News was working and still is this morning. Missing channels
like CBS came back. I was able to register receiver. So now I'm back to
where I was 3 weeks ago but with 1 extra glitch I never had. While watching
discovery last nite intermittently I would get a pop up saying I need to
purchase this channel to watch. It would disappear after 10-15 seconds and
channel would come back. It would do this once every hour or so. My most
annoying glitch still is every hour on the hour to the second whatever I am
watching either live or recorded crashes and I get a network error message.
If I close the show right before the hour and go back to the guide for
example it doesn't crash and I can start watching again. I just have to
watch the clock and be ready every hour. )

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I have and still am having this same problem.  I had a tech come out and he confirmed that all of my equipment to include my iPhone and iPad are working fine.  He says this is a software/application glitch that needs to be fixed ASAP by the developer. In the mean time, I can’t use the directv app while away from home.  Also, my iPhone and iPad worked a couple of months ago before the update to the app. So far I give this app a crappy one star rating for simply not working. 😡

iobunny

Scholar

• 

307 Messages

3 years ago

@dirtboy45 - How is it going since you posted a few days ago? Any changes?

@ATTDIRECTVCare - Any thoughts on this issue? It appears the fix has not fully rolled out. Do you guys have thoughts on when we can expect this to complete?

tecsi

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Tried all your recommendations. They don’t solve the issue. Still cannot register my iPad or iPhone. This needs to be fixed.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I reset my dvr on a weekly basis. The app freaks out also on a regular basis. I have had to delete and re-download the app this week every day except today. I gave up complaining and just accept the fact that the Directv App for IPad is a seriously flawed product. Great idea but it will not work consistently. Netflix does. History Does. Discovery does. Directv does not! My only tv is my iPad right now and has been for 2 years. I really hate the app but I’m stuck right now. One of these days someone will slay the giant named ATT.

Get started...

Ask a new question