Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 8, 2017 6:01 PM

How to stream direct tv to samsung smart hub tv

Recently bought a samsung smart tv for my RV.  It has many "smart hub" applications but nothing for direct tv.  How do I stream DTV to a smart tv?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23K Messages

4 years ago

Directv does not have smart tv apps. Their satellite tv requires a receiver at the tv with the normal install. They do have a new internet streaming only service that is completly seperate called DirectvNOW that you could look into.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
SDEagle

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Open the browser app on Samsung smart TV, and go to www.directvnow.com.

OR

Connect your PC/Laptop to Samsung TV using HDMI, and duplicate PC/Laptop's screen on Samsung TV. Open any browser on PC/Laptop and start streaming DIRECTV on Samsung TV.

OR

(If you are using Android phone) Connect Chromecast to Samsung TV, and cast the screen, and enjoy watching DIRECTV.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23K Messages

3 years ago

DirectvNOW is not Directv satellite. DirectvNOW is a new streaming only service, they do not interact with each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Currently the Samsung Smart TV doesn’t appear to have a directv now app. Here’s a recommended work around. Download the DirectvNow app on your smart phone. On your TV, download TV Cast app. Then download the TV Cast app on your phone. Once both are downloaded open the app on your phone and on TV. Verify/change the IP address displayed on the TV with your phone app. The TV app will turn blue once connected. Using the TV Cast app on your phone go to the directvnow and select what you want to watch. A link will appear at the bottom of the screen for you to Cast it to your TV.  For me, I have been watching PureFlix movies this way by entering the site inside the TV Cast app on my phone. 😊

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The TV Cast app on your TV and your smart phone allows you to Cast almost any video. It’s free and I rate the connection 4/5 ️ s. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

image.jpg

This doesn’t appear to be working. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How stupid is it that Samsung can't figure out that they don't stream content and should offer the Direct TV NOW app/service instead of the browser login (doesn't work) and for god's sake, what is wrong with Dish? Sling TV is okay, I hear, but their god-forsaken hopper service is a joke and why can't they offer att's service which has better contect (albeit equally as weak actual service and hardware). I don't know, there seems to be something lagging with Samsung here...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am not going to even bother to see if anyone actually gave u an answer to thw question u actually asked. So if u have been helped good. 

So if you have an account with DirecTV you can watch it anywhere, by either downlaoding th direcTV app thru any device with application downloads. Then sign into your account. You can sign in as well thru any browser on the DirecTV website.  Your recorded shows/movies may not be available on other devices if not connected thru same internet access as your DirecTV hdr. 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

a year ago

I am hoping @Kdowns84 response works.  It is the ONLY ONE that actually addressed the original question.  I’ll try and remember to report back.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

a year ago

DTVs mobile app no longer supports streaming from the Genie outside of the home network and it never supported steaming/casting to a TV.

Get started...

Ask a new question