Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Nov 7, 2019 3:58 PM

How do I watch Alabama LSU game on CBS on the DirectTV app?

I registered my device, and the local channels showed up on the app while at home.  Now that I'm away from home, I can't see those channels?  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

16.9K Messages

2 months ago

Normally, for an AT&T streaming app to carry a broadcast network, they have to have a carriage agreement with the local affiliate where you live (judged by your billing address zip code) and with the affiliate for the same network in the location where you're trying to watch.  Since it works from home, that takes care of your billing address affiliate.  Where are you located now and/or what local station would be CBS' affiliate?

The same thing would apply if you used the CBS app and authenticated via your DIRECTV user id (which you could also try, just for grins and giggles).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I'm at work about 30 mins from my home, but hope to use the app in iowa but my billing zip is in alabama

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

WKRG 5

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

8.7K Messages

2 months ago

try the cbs app

but even then you may have issues with zipcode via the gps when in iowa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

16.9K Messages

2 months ago

I see that WKRG is in Pensacola, FL, which makes it part of the Mobile/Pensacola DMA.  So, I'm assuming your home is squarely in this market area. Is your office?  When you're having issues, is your phone on an office Wi-Fi or on your cell carrier network?

I don't know what affiliate you'd be using in Iowa.  Though, it's probably not a big issue:I think AT&T has made nice with all the major owners at this point.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I'm using cell service