Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 5:36 PM

DirecTV on Amazon Fire TV - Which APP and How to Get Login Support

Hi All. I bought a 4K UHD Toshiba (FIre Edition) TV from Amazon this past Christmas. I've been trying to set up the DirecTV app on it and have run into huge issues.

​- First, there are three different ATT apps in the Fire TV App gallery. I "think" the one I need is the blue one with the ATT logo that just says "TV" on it. Regardless, I've tried them all with the same result--next problem.

- I can't log in. I keep getting "Authentication Error." I have spent hours on the phone with various ATT/DirecTV support. Just this morning, I talked to 7 different people (everyone from digital services support, to mobile support, to directv support. The last one was Uverse support who had never heard of someone trying to watch Uverse TV on a FireTV ???

All problems with the app aside, I'm just trying to get the darn thing to run. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a month ago

there is no directv app on fire tv

the directv app is on mobile devices only, and you cannot even cast them to a tv

you need to use the station specific apps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

I appreciate the response. I assume the whole reason for this is to force people to use a Genie/Genie Mini and pay the additional monthly fee.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

@CSouther

Not exactly. Lets clear that up.

First of all it doesn't matter if you have a Genie or not. Level of equipment makes no difference. You pay for each authorized TV on the service regardless of what model box it is, or even if no box at all (TV with built-in RVU Client). You are paying for the services allowed on that TV, not specifically the box. So you programming, DVR services, etc. are for the account and then it is $7 for each additional TV (sometimes referred to as a "mirroring" fee).

Locals, viewing markets of professional sport teams, and taxes you pay are based on the physical service address. DirecTV is service by satellite so physical service address is very important as that is how it is regulated. A full streaming app would not only risk violating those 3 parts, but too many people would use it to allow another household (friend/family) have full TV service without paying for their own account.

The DirecTV app is for viewing on mobile (smart phone/tablet) only. Even casting/airplay to TV is not supported.

AT&T has 3 TV services that have nothing to do with each other: DirecTV (Satellite); U-Verse (Hardline); AT&T TV NOW (Streaming only).

The AT&T TV NOW (formally called DIRECTV NOW but caused confusion because of the similar name) does have an app for media streaming devices as that is how the service works to begin with. DirecTV is for service at home so the app is limited for mobile only. Some individual channels have apps for full TV viewing that you log in with your TV provider's credentials. So there are some channels that allow it (per their own app), but the DirecTV app itself does not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

The AttTV app is a separate service, see att.com/tv for details. There isn't a supported DirecTV app for the firesticks, however you can download network apps and verify your DirecTV subscription to have access to all the content.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…