Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
R

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Jan 12, 2020 10:24 PM

Directv APP

I have the APP on my tablet and no matter what I've tried, it 'can't find my DVR'. I've spent HOURS on the phone and chatting with Directv agents and 'experts', they have been zero help. I've verified the first three sets of numbers for the IP address on the tablet and the receiver match. I can't access the playlist or watch live tv from the app. Directv has gone downhill 100% since being bought by AT&T. If it wasn't for my husband, I would leave so fast but he doesn't care about the APP and he likes their football package. I think everything about Directv (Edited per community guidelines)!!

Responses

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

Is your DVR setup on the same network as your WiFi in your home? Set it up on your DVR. Use the same SSID and password from the router then enter it for the DVR. Always turn on your WiFi on your phone so that you can get your playlists and watch video, recordings and live TV in your home. WiFi must be turned on at home and turned on your phone for it to work. Let us know in this forum if it helped!

• 

3 Messages

Yes, both are on the same network, Wi-Fi, password is the same, everything matches. I have triple checked on my own and while chatting and on the phone with Directv people. The genie has been reset, app has been uninstalled and installed twice. Same result when I try to watch live TV or access the playlist, we couldn't find your DVR

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Do you think you could borrow an up to date tablet from a friend or purchase one? I say this because certain tablets and phones do not work with the DIRECTV app. Certain operating systems on older phones and tablets won't work with this app. It is better to have an up to date phone or tablet with the lastest patches, browser and updates.

• 

3 Messages

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this suggestion. Really, borrow or purchase a new phone and tablet because Directv/AT&T can't resolve an issue for a paying customer. My goodness. How ridiculous. First, my phone is less than 2 years old. Second, my tablet is brand new. Just admit it, AT&T employees don't have solutions.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Well my work is done here. Have a nice day!😉

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

You are not alone. I have had this problem for over 2 years. My problem started once my accounts were merged. I have spent many many hours on the phone with tech support, have had the problem escalated with case numbers and yet it continues. I believe the problem in on their end but they don’t have a fix, instead they run you through all the tech hoops and hope you give up. It is VERY frustrating. I would respect them more if they would just admit that their app is broken. Keep complaining until they at least give you some $ off your bill for not providing a service they advertise.

Get started...

Ask a new question