Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Aug 17, 2015 3:36 AM

Directv App recorded shows watch on tablet not available.

Why is is I do not even have an option to watch some of my recorded shows on the directv app?   I have a  couple Doctor Who episodes that the only option is to watch on TV,  That is when I have the' browse TV' box selected, my playlists don;t even show up when I have the 'watch on tablet' box selected.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

5 years ago

In order to watch your DVR playlist on your mobile devices you need a GenieGo.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

5 years ago

Do you have a GenieGo?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just the regular direct mobile app.   It has a watch on tablet box and a section for Playlists.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Oh, that is unfortunate, ok thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Is it true that even with the GenieGo that I need to download the shows from the same wifi connection that my DVR is on?   Or can I be on vacation and watch my recorded shows if I have a GenieGO?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

5 years ago

mcdmickey,

If you want to DOWNLOAD shows from your DVR to your mobile device, your mobile device and the GenieGo need to be on the same network.   If you want to VIEW your DVR recordings remotely, then that will work once you've enabled "Out of Home" streaming with the GenieGo and your mobile device. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I don't need a geni to watch recorded shows on my iPad from my dvr just the app when I'm at home. But same thing as above not all shows I have recorded are allowed to play on my iPad but they all show up when you hit watch on tv. Why is that?

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@shocker1215 as mentioned above, you need a Genie HR44/54 to stream your playlist.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have the HR44. The playlist shows up but I have a lot of the walking dead recorded let's say 30 but when I switch to watch on iPad only 5 of the walking dead show up. That is the problem we have. it does that to a few different recording I have on the playlist.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem. No help from Directv..

kitnbob

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

2 years ago

@shocker1215

I have an HR54 and LG phone,

and 37 "Person of Interest" shows and it takes a long time to queue them up. Smiley Frustrated

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Did you figure this out."? I’m having same problem with same show. I have season 5-7 recorded from last marathon but the app on iPad shows only season 6.

kitnbob

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

2 years ago

@Rldeluca78

Who are you asking? What shows?

DirecTV app used to work, AT&T bought DirecTV earlier this year, AT&T is streaming Live TV, and is probably not interested in streaming pre-recorded Genie DVR recordings for a merger company. They want to provide something better.

I haven't tried my DirecTV app since March.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I don’t bother with the app anymore. I did just check it and it was close to being right. It showed shows that are no longer saved on my dvr from months ago but did show the shows I currently have. Best thing to try is deleting the app restart your iPad then down load the app again. Think that’s what I did months ago to get it to work. You could just get a fire stick or some streaming device that’s what I use now. Best of luck to you. Directv isn’t going to be very helpful for you so save your time.

kitnbob

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

2 years ago

@Rldeluca78

As I said to shocker above, I have an android phone LG K20. I just checked the app.  I can pull up all shows to watch on phone from DVR to stream without downloading them to the Phone. It took several minutes to even que 29 episodes to the playlist.

I have an LG phone. I don't have an IPhone