Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
Mmichalak

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jul 9, 2018 8:31 PM

Direct tv app

Recently did the update for the DIRECTV app and now on my TV it says HDMI unsupported only 1 channel works is there a new update to take care of this?? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

directv does not support streaming in its app

its for viewing on phone/tablet only

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

2 years ago

Ah, mdram4x4, of course.  And that goes to my next point.  DIRECTV never meant to allow users to display content on large screens from their phones and tablets and have finally fixed their app so it no longer works.  You can't user either an HDMI cable or "casting" (including AirPlay) to do so.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

2 years ago

DTV app no longer supports content ONLY through HDMI. (such as the ZTE projector) 
There has been some blockage on casting but if you use an adapter, works just fine. 

I know anything regarding HDMI input and or casting gets blocked due to copyright. 

But there are other options that work just fine. 

DTV app that is...

Also make sure when you are casting your set is tuned to 480p resolution.

Anything higher will not work for casting w/app 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

2 years ago

@Mmichalak, the DIRECTV App on what platform?  Phone, tablet, or something else?

Mmichalak

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Phone and iPad

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Why not?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

2 years ago

The channels will not allow DTV to do it they want their $7.00 additional TV fee.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It is apparent that I am not the only customer who can no longer stream shows on directv app on both iPhone and iPad. I was on the phone with tech support for half hour until she fessed up that the issue is on their end. Do you know if they are getting anywhere with resolving this issue? App has been down for 3 months.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

@Boyack21 wrote:

It is apparent that I am not the only customer who can no longer stream shows on directv app on both iPhone and iPad. I was on the phone with tech support for half hour until she fessed up that the issue is on their end. Do you know if they are getting anywhere with resolving this issue? App has been down for 3 months.

viewing on the phone?

it should work

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Does not work on iPhone or ipad

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

this thread is about mirroring a phone/ tablet to a tv

as has been said, this is not supposed to work.

if you are talking about just viewing on the phone, then you may want to start a thread about that

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Both phone and tablet 

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

if you decide to increase your vocabulary and answer the question i will reply, until them

GROOT

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m wondering the same thing. The app won’t load. Says to use att U-verse app to manage my account. Is anyone else getting the same message?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

1. I need help with download for my Macbook Air to see my Directv subscription on all my devices

Get started...

Ask a new question