AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 22, 2018 11:57 PM

direct tv app not working on iphone

I cannot get my direct tv app to work on my iphone anymore.  Worked fine until this morning. I have uninstalled and restarted phone but not working

Responses

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

When I saw a Directv app update yesterday I was hoping the update would fix the issue...nope the app still doesn’t work. I am starting to think AT&T could care less and really have no desire to get it fixed since they offer unlimited data and streaming from the app doesn’t count towards your data. #thingsthatmakeyougohmm

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Well ... it is June 5th and I am still experiencing the same problem you describe, and got the same guidance from Directv support with the same result. I am a new Directv customer a starting to regret my choice.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

We must be the only ones having an issue or no one cares to report it. Lol

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Probably everyone gave because they weren’t doing anything anyhow.

The day I was in a chat season with them I accessed the channel lineup through the At&T app but have not been able to since then. Ever time I try to get to the line up it takes be to download the Direct tv app 😆😆 I went back to chat for help again after being transferred 3 times I was directed to a help page that ended up taking me the App Store to download the Direct tv app. I’m thinking Netflix is looking better all the time😂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Ugghhh I am having the same issue. Its not working on my IPhone 8 it kept saying my log in info was invalid yet I used the same log in info on my Samsung and at least got in there but once I'm in on my Samsung I can't live stream or watch anything on my DVR. At first on the IPhone it kept redirecting me to AT&T UVerse app when I don't even have a UVerse acct. Then I removed it and downloaded it again and now it won't even log  me in. I put it my info and hit the enter button and absolutely nothing happens. ITS GARBAGE.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My Direct TV app is not working on my iPhone X it was working fine lat week but after the latest maintenance they did to their system now is not working, when i tries to log in to the app, an Unknown error pops up and when I click ok it redirects me to the app store to download Uverse app which I don't have service for.

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

PS: when i use the web browser on my computer to watch tv it works just fine no issues.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same issues. Whoops! Looks like you entered an invalid character. Then it redirects me to the Uverse app. 

I was on the phone today for several hours, got passed around a few times and not surprisingly, no solution!

i then went to the ATT store, the girl there tried a few things, no luck then clueless gave me an 800 number. I went through several layers of technical support, reset and confirmed my user name and password and guess what? NO LUCK! THEY WILL CALL ME BACK WHEN THEY HAVE THE SOLUTION.

Comcast is offering some very nice introductory deals.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I am going to look at switching to comcast. They tried to tell me I
couldn't live stream because I was out of the country. Well guess what I AM
BACK IN THE US AND STILL CANT LIVE STREAM ON ANY DEVICE. I can't do it from
the app I can't do it from the website NOTHING. I am over it with them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We are experiencing the same problem expend hours with customer service in India, final word from them the ingenier knew about the problem and were working to resolve it.  This was 3 weeks ago.  Tired of AT&T and Dirct tv also switching to Comcast

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

That's what happened to me. They told me they were working on it. That was
back in the middle of June. They don't care. They simply continue to take
our money and give us unacceptable service. I can't get Comcast in my area
but I can get Dish Network and I will be switching.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I again spent 1 1/2 hours with customer service trying to find the problem. I was finally told it had to be a problem with the DirectTV app. I am now able to sign into DirectTV.com though, a month ago I wasn’t able to do that so maybe they are working on it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The comcast app is great.  I was sad to leave them when we moved and they were not offered.  I am having a hard time with the Directv app.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My iPhone DirecTV app stopped working today.  It first forced me to login.  Then it kept telling me either that I was entering an invalid character or that it didn't recognize my ID or Password.  I checked my ID (what I thought it was) and reset my PW to what it had been.  Everything was confirmed.  However, I still keep getting the same error messages and it was constantly throwing me to the App Store.  I deleted and reinstalled the iPhone DirecTV app.  Didn't help.

My DirecTV works fine on my iPad and on my TV's.  But the iPhone app doesn't work.  Based on all the other frustrating reports of spending fruitless hours on the phone with DirecTV, I'm not even going to try.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

exact same issue -- began on the same day - but i foolishly wasted hours on the phone listing to paid text readers -- -- Its the changeover to an att account -- OK but why does the iPad and TV work - "Oh you have to set up security questions" - lets reset your password--- what  - promised great escalation - no such action and still no resolution - one person told me ...oh this is simple "digital" will fix this immediately - transferred - put on hold - nope - billing answered. I would say something about their ineptitude but then I'm the one that keeps sending them hundreds each month ..  for over 10 years - if not fixed quickly will be left with no choice but to cancel service -        

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

My iPhone 8 nor my iPad will connect. I get this error on my iPad - "Profile ID UP does not match Profile ID in etoken" and this one on my iPhone - "System Error Looks like there is a problem connecting to the server. I can connect using the myAT&T app as well as on the website. Have changed my password and checked my network settings. Support was useless. I had to keep repeating the issue even though I had an open case and they should have had all of this on record. To compound the issue I had trouble understanding the tech. Support told me the issue would be fixed in 10 minutes and then proceeded to try to sell me a Protection Plan. Two hours later it was not fixed. I've been told by acquaintances that work at AT&T that customer service is not a priority, now I believe them.

Get started...

Ask a new question