Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Fri, Oct 18, 2019 11:04 PM

Direct TV App Android. No Video, only audio, all channels

Use the app frequently and never really have issues. For the past two days all channels on the app show a black blank screen but audio is coming through, just no video. Attempted to uninstall and reinstall app and that didn't work. Contacted support and was told it was a known issue that should have been fixed "in an hour". This was yesterday. Any help is appreciated

Responses

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

Is there any update? Not sure why you all selected an "accepted" solution if the issue hasn't been resolved at all. It's going on a few weeks now, please address for all your well paying customers. Thank you

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I have anxiously been waiting for a response to this issue. I have not seen one as of yet. As in previous individuals I also am having a problem with no video. My phone is the OnePlus 7 pro and the carrier is T-Mobile. Is there some ETA for when this issue is expected to be corrected?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

This problem is not solved. Why do they say its solved when it's not?  It's been 3 weeks since they pushed out this update and DirecTV still has not fixed this issue. At least they could do is offer us a way to download and install the previous version that actually worked. Makes me wonder if they actually test these updates before they release them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Issue still not fixed, my phone is an unlocked one plus 7 pro running Android 10. Blank screen when trying to watch video (live or on demand) but audio is working. The rest of app has no issues that I have noticed. Annoying!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

@ATTHelpForums

This issue isn't resolved, why did you accept an answer as solution when there isn't one. Smh. 

Please just update your well paying customers regarding this issue. Unless you'd like to provide funds to us to purchase another phone please fix this issue or provide updates. Really feels like you don't care

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I'm having the exact issue, I also have a OnePlus7Pro. Called twice to find a solution and they couldn't help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I have the issue where I get a black screen, only audio. My phone is. One Plus 7 Pro, I have T Mobile. Was working fine till about a week ago. No updates, uninstalling, reinstalling helped. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

It is now November 26th. I have requested from anyone affiliated with the OnePlus 7 pro and the application to correct the problem. It has been over 30 days now without a resolution. When is this issue expected to be corrected? My DirecTV app has no video only audio. That would be four live programming and for dvr'd programming. This cannot possibly be a isolated incident that cannot be reproduced by anybody inside AT&t, DirecTV, T-Mobile, or OnePlus. What is the solution?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I am having the same issue. With the One Plus 7 on T-Mobile network. I tried everything mentioned above and nothing has worked for me - I hear but can't see any video. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

I think it's safe to say that @ATTHelpForums is not sure how to even fix this issue. No reply from them aside from "working on it" and a falsely accepted resolution. It doesn't make any sense, please do something for your customers. Not sure if you are aware but mobile streaming has become the norm and you not having this service for customers should follow up with some sort of credit. We are paying for the full service and not getting it. Do something please, anything

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I'm having the same issue it's very frustrating.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Has the issue been resolved for you? I have the same phone and network and am having the same problem. I know it's something with the app as it relates to the phone, because I'm able to use the app on my old Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. It works perfectly fine.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

Safe to say @att doesn't really care to fix it

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

No, I gave up on trying to watch it. I wish they would fix it because it was nice to have. I’m very disappointed that its been this long and they haven’t found a fix.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Yes, very disappointed. I even sent email to OnePlus but got no where. This should fall on DirecTv which is @AT&T.

Get started...

Ask a new question