Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 9:47 PM

connecting to the internet

My smart tv is hard wired to the internet.  What steps do I take on my remote control to use the internet on my tv? 

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.6K Messages

2 months ago

You need to check the owners manual that came with your tv on how to set it up for internet use, either wired or WiFi. Then you can use the smart apps on the tv, provided you are subscribed to the various services. If you are trying to use the remote to control the tv then you need to read the instructions on pairing your remote to the tv.

Without knowing what tv you have or your internet service there's not much we can do to help you. Keep in mind that is not an official AT&T Support forum. It is for customers helping customers only.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42.2K Messages

2 months ago

Duplicate post but at least in the right forum. That is still a question for your TV manufacturer. If you identify the make and model of your tv and explain what exactly you want to do on the internet, perhaps someone can help. If the tv is connected to the internet, you generally use that for various streaming apps like Netflix. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 months ago

DTV remotes are only made to control on/off and volume of the TV so you need to use the TV remote or look into a better remote like the Logitech Harmony series.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.6K Messages

2 months ago

I highly recommend Harmony remotes because they do not depend on CEC or outdated IR controls.

Get started...

Ask a new question