Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 3, 2018 5:34 PM

Can’t watch mlb or nfl network on directv app?

When I am home away from my standard internet connection of my home receiver, I use my iPad to watch tv on the directv app. I’m able to get my local channels, movie channels, and most everything. However, when I try to watch nfl network or mlb network, it doesn’t let me watch and tells me “connect your device to same network as receiver”. Is his normal for some channels?  I don’t understand why these two channels in particular are restricted from watching away from home when I seem to be able to watch just about everything else? Any ideas?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

2 years ago

Yes, that's normal.  DirecTV doesn't have the rights to stream every channel when you're away from home.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

direct tv now - of course the game is on NFL network- i upgraded the plan just to pick up this channel - so does it convert automatically ??  in order to watch the game??????

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

2 years ago

@clydebolt wrote:

direct tv now - of course the game is on NFL network- i upgraded the plan just to pick up this channel - so does it convert automatically ??  in order to watch the game??????

This is the DirecTV satellite forum. There's a separate forum for DirecTV Now steaming questions.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

So your saying the Direct Tv subscription that I pay for and should be able to access from any devicr and any location wont allow me to watch NFL network from my phone unless Im in my house where my TV is....  Brilliant.

blandry186

Scholar

• 

108 Messages

7 months ago

What's even more brilliant is the app doesn't work almost all the time. Too me almost two years for my phone to register to the DVR but that doesn't matter because I can't get local channels when I'm away.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Weird thing is I can download NFL NETWORK app and use my DTV info and I can watch. Even though channel shows up for me to be able to select it to watch live.  Makes no sense & I'm forced to use my data to watch NFL NETWORK app. Whole point is to not use up my data and use DTV app. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I used to be able to watch it streaming on my phone, but it says content can not be viewed at this time try again later. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

I agree this is very frustrating- I have att/ now and have the same issues - I’m looking at different options if this is not correct Ed. - c bolton

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

DirecTV, you're going down!  We're cutting the cord for this very reason!  We pay for these channels and the ability to watch what we pay for when we're not sitting right in front of our TV.  I agree with JIggsy above, "So your saying the Direct Tv subscription that I pay for and should be able to access from any devicr and any location wont allow me to watch NFL network from my phone unless Im in my house where my TV is....  Brilliant."

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…