Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Oct 15, 2018 11:56 PM

Closed

Can’t login to directv app

I can’t log into my directv app on my iPad or iphone. It tells me that I need to go to att.com/myAT&T and sign in with my att access Id. When I go and set it up them try to type it in it says that there a problem with the I’d and to sign in with a different one. How do I get into this app????

Responses

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

OK,  I have learned of a solution:

Please note:  this requires you to have an additional email account.

I finally got through to the Digital Assistance Center (877-271-5518)

The tech support rep that helped me was named Ruth or Rie (I never did get a spelling)

What Ruth did was re-register my DirecTv account with a different gmail that I have.

This email account is different from the one I use to access my AT&T account.

She created this new registration and it works!

I now have access under the gmail account to DirecTV and HBO Go.

If I look under my old email, I can see my AT&T and my DirecTv account.

If you don't have 2 emails, you may want to create one, they are free...  It does assist this problem.

Please pass it on.  A lot of angry users right now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Are you telling me I MUST have cell phone service through at&t in order to watch overpriced cable that I already pay for???? What if I have t mobile?

litzdog911

• 

53.3K Messages

a year ago

@flerb00 wrote:

Are you telling me I MUST have cell phone service through at&t in order to watch overpriced cable that I already pay for???? What if I have t mobile?

No. I have Verizon Wireless and have no issues. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Then why does it tell me “it appears as though you’re not an AT&T customer” and I can’t log in. Even with my my AT&T info.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

Well, is it fixed? What is the hold up? Is it because you bit off more than you can chew? I can not login to the Direct tv app since their accounts were moved to ATT. No excuse for treating customers like this. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I tried this solution a month ago. Still no access. No one seems to know how to resolve the issue. This problem has been occurring since late April.  Very frustrating.  About to switch providers.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

I have the same issue. ATT merged with Direct TV and Time Warner and will not help customers who cannot log into the Directv app. I have been a Directv customer since 2005. Why does Directv allow ATT to stall on this? Very disgusted.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

a year ago

OK, whoever can fixed this will be my personal hero for the rest of the year. If it is an ATT employee who can provide a solution that ACTUALLY works and is not just a script-based series of steps, I will nominate for employee of the year.

Here are the facts:

I have a user id for my wireless on att.com

I have a user id for my Directv on att.com

I can log into either my wireless or my Directv on my iMac without an issue.

When I try to log in to the Directv app on my iPhone 8+, I get a "Sign In Error" and I am directed to att.com/myatt to finish setting up my new Access ID.

When I try to access ESPN on my phone and I try to login in with Directv as my provider, I get "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your adminstrator" This also happens with NBC Sports as well

I have spoken with over 6 representatives today, many of whom start the conversation off with, "Rest assured I will be able to resolve this issue today" - Well, not so.

Additionally when trying to access the att.com app, initially I see "Almost there, loading account info for xxxxxxxxxx" and then the error message  -" We're having trouble accessing your account. Give it some time and try again. [902]". This happens with both my wireless and tv user IDs. Well, I have given it 6 hours, so how much more time should I allow?

At my wit's end with this one.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

a year ago

UPDATE: This morning

Additionally when trying to access the att.com app, initially I see "Almost there, loading account info for xxxxxxxxxx" and then the error message  -" We're having trouble accessing your account. Give it some time and try again. [902]".

• I now can log into my att app with my user id for my Directv account and see information
  •  
  • I now can log into my att app with my user id for my ATT Wireless account, but no infomation poplulates. I can see the icons on the bottom of the screen for Account, Shop, Support and More and the header at the top for my ATT&T, but no account information.

Progress?

When I try to log in to the Directv app on my iPhone 8+, I get a "Sign In Error" and I am directed to att.com/myatt to finish setting up my new Access ID.

• Now I get "Unknow Error" when attempting to sign into the Directv app.

When I try to access ESPN on my phone and I try to login in with Directv as my provider, I get "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your adminstrator" This also happens with NBC Sports as well+

• No change, still cannot access live content on either the ESPN or NBC Sports apps.

Get started...

Ask a new question