Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sun, Jan 6, 2019 12:43 PM

Alexa Directv Skill will not turn on set top box.

In the living room:  Samsung 4KHDTV, 4K set top box C61K-700; internet hard wired, AT&T Alexa skill included to Echo Dot.  In the bedroom Samsung HDTV- Directv set top box HR54/200 box; AT&T Alexa skill included to Echo Spot.  

Alexa Skill works flawless including shutting the boxes OFF.  Why does it NOT turn ON the Directv set top boxes?   I notice when Alexa shuts off the box there are no indication lights on the front panel. Wonder if there is a standby mode not activated. I can't find the menu options to control the box behavior.   Anyone have this problem?  Fix?

Responses

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

the bedroom Samsung HDTV- Directv set top box HR54/200 will now turn ON but not the Living Room C61K-700 set top box. I noticed in the bedroom my 2016 Samsung HDTV does not turn ON. (only OFF).  I have half of it working. Now its time to look into my Samsung

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

1 month ago

A year with no change with the AT&T Direct TV C61K-700 box which is the companion of the HR54/200 HDTV 4K box. The HR54/200 will turn ON & OFF with Alexa no problem. The C61K-700 box will turn OFF, change channels etc without any issues. This box will not turn ON with Alexa.  There is a powered splitter with one coaxial feed from the satellite dish, one coaxial to the Internet router and one to the HDTV. There must be a coaxial link between boxes.      Any one find a resolution to not turning ON through ALEXA? 

• 

1 Message

So I am having this issue as well. I just saw some posts that say the receiver needs to be in IR mode. This doesn't really help me as I have 3 receivers in one closet and need to use RF but this might work for you!