Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sun, Jan 6, 2019 12:43 PM

Alexa Directv Skill will not turn on set top box.

In the living room:  Samsung 4KHDTV, 4K set top box C61K-700; internet hard wired, AT&T Alexa skill included to Echo Dot.  In the bedroom Samsung HDTV- Directv set top box HR54/200 box; AT&T Alexa skill included to Echo Spot.  

Alexa Skill works flawless including shutting the boxes OFF.  Why does it NOT turn ON the Directv set top boxes?   I notice when Alexa shuts off the box there are no indication lights on the front panel. Wonder if there is a standby mode not activated. I can't find the menu options to control the box behavior.   Anyone have this problem?  Fix?

Responses

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

a year ago

the bedroom Samsung HDTV- Directv set top box HR54/200 will now turn ON but not the Living Room C61K-700 set top box. I noticed in the bedroom my 2016 Samsung HDTV does not turn ON. (only OFF).  I have half of it working. Now its time to look into my Samsung

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

a year ago

A year with no change with the AT&T Direct TV C61K-700 box which is the companion of the HR54/200 HDTV 4K box. The HR54/200 will turn ON & OFF with Alexa no problem. The C61K-700 box will turn OFF, change channels etc without any issues. This box will not turn ON with Alexa.  There is a powered splitter with one coaxial feed from the satellite dish, one coaxial to the Internet router and one to the HDTV. There must be a coaxial link between boxes.      Any one find a resolution to not turning ON through ALEXA? 

• 

1 Message

So I am having this issue as well. I just saw some posts that say the receiver needs to be in IR mode. This doesn't really help me as I have 3 receivers in one closet and need to use RF but this might work for you!

• 

1 Message

I have the same issue, Alexa will turn on and off the main box, but not the two satellite boxes. It will only turn those off. It does not turn them on. Is there a fix for this yet?

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question