Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Community Support

• 

1.1K Messages

Thu, Aug 4, 2016 6:32 PM

2016 Rio Olympic Games on DIRECTV

The 2016 Rio Olympic Games run throughout seventeen unforgettable days and nights, covering every sport, medal, champion, and riveting moment beginning with the Opening Ceremony on August 4th and Closing on August 21st.

You can access the Rio Olympics in the following ways:

1. Online at NBCOlympics.com
    • Access NBCOlympics.com.
    • Click "CLICK HERE AND GET READY".
    • Select "AT&T DIRECTV" as your provider.
    • Enter your DIRECTV username and password (You are signed in throughout the Rio Olympic Games on the device).
  2. Using your Mobile Device or Tablet
    NBCUniversal offers two apps for mobile and tablet viewing:
    • The NBC Sports app is available to verified DIRECTV customers and offers the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com.
      DIRECTV customers can verify their mobile and tablet devices when the NBC Sports app launches.
    • The NBC Olympics News and Results app includes short-form highlights, schedules, results, and more, and also links to the NBC Sports app.
      Upon entering the app, DIRECTV customers must enter their AT&T username and password.

• The DIRECTV app also provides live coverage. The app is available to DIRECTV subscribers and can be downloaded at iTunes and Google Play.
  3. TV Channels
    • 4K: DIRECTV 4K customers can relive Rio Olympic glory in 4K Ultra HD. For the first time ever, customers can see select NBC Universal coverage of the best events in stunning lifelike clarity, 4 times the resolution of HD. DIRECTV 4K customers can find this coverage on channel 106 from August 5-21. 
      To view these events in 4K, a customer will need:
      • An HR54 Genie
      • Either a DIRECTV 4K Ready TV or a compatible 4K TV connected to an active C61K
      • Ultimate, Premier or Lo Maximo programming package
    • The opening and closing ceremonies in 4K will air on channel 106 an hour after the ceremonies start on the East Coast and two hours after they start on the West Coast. If 4K viewers don’t catch the opening ceremony on August 5, they can watch a replay of the 4K broadcast throughout the following day (August 6) on channel 106. The 4K broadcasts of these ceremonies will have different cameras and announcers than the HD feed of the ceremonies.
    • Some events will also be available to watch in 4K on channel 106 the day after the event occurs. The events that will be broadcast in 4K include judo, swimming, basketball and soccer.
    • On Demand: Much of the 2016 Rio Olympics content can be viewed On Demand via channel 1004.
    • TV Channels: NBC Family of Channels
      • Bravo – 237
      • CNBC – 355
      • Golf Channel – 218
      • MSNBC – 356
      • NBC Local Channel - See Local Availability
      • NBCSN – 603
      • NBC UNIVERSO (UVSOHD) – 410
      • USA – 242

Application – 205 and 600 (HD only)
    • Event rewinds – Watch the opening and closing ceremonies as well as the top events on demand on DIRECTV. In addition, you can rewind events with the NBC Sports app. And although technically not a rewind, you can view one event per day in 4K from the previous day's select 4K coverage starting Aug. 6, the day after the Opening Ceremony, through Aug. 21
  4. Interactive TV
    • DIRECTV customers can enjoy the Rio Olympics with the NBC Olympics TV Experience on DIRECTV, and watch up to eight channels at once. 
      DIRECTV customers have access to the NBC Olympics TV Experience, an on-screen interactive experience in partnership with NBCUniversal.   Subscribers can view real-time medal counts, access events by sport, events by date, and watch up to eight channels with the Olympics Mix. 
    • How to Access:
      • The RED button on the DIRECTV remote when the attract icon appears on a NBC Network 
      • Right Arrow on the Remote via the Olympics Apps
      • Channels 205 & 600 (HD Only)

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 years ago

Just wait for the ETF [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate] and this is a user to user forum and don't have access to any accounts.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

In Texas and the opening ceremonies and now woman's gymnastics are nothing but frozen and jittery.  Have reset receiver, refreshed receivers but nothing helps!  SURPRISINGLY any commericals that are run - run flawlessly - no jitters, no half pixelated screen, no freeze - EVER!

NBC wonders why there share is lower - trying to watch while the screen goes frozen and jittery will turn you into a very disatissfied viewer.

Someone needs to put some lipstick on this situation and get it corrected ASAP!

If you need to record this mish mash I will, but pretty certain you know that this is going on when the band width of the satellite exceeds the number of viewers.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

4 years ago

NBC is working fine here. It's not the sats as there would be more posts here.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

when the band width of the satellite exceeds the number of viewers.

@FrozenOut there is no such thing on satellite TV

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been with Direct TV for at least 10 years and I have fought with my husband to stay with Direct TV because he thinks cable is better, but now, after this olympics fiasco I am ready to bolt. I'm going to call tomorrow to cancel my service, reluctantly because this situation is unacceptable. I'm so upset right now!

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Cheryl62 there is no need to be upset. Just keep in mind that you are not safer with your cable comapny.  Every pay TV provider goes through these disputes all time, crazy huh?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same experience in Seattle WA. Resorted to watching clips of events on the nbc app on my iPad.

no problem w other channels, recorded content or commercials

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

4 years ago

@Queennana, really?  On what channel(s)?  I'm in Seattle and have observed no issues with the Olympics coverage.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

i've tried using my directv info to log in via the NBC Sports app but i get an error code. Called technical support and they said its an NBC issue. Have all the NBC channels with my package but I can't watch live olympic events through the NBC app or website. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I pay a hefty fee each month for my directtv service which INCLUDES channel 7 out of Boston. When I am paying for a channel I EXPECT IT TO BE ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES! Maybe directtv should refund my payment for the the three weeks they couldn't get their crap together to actually provide me with what I am paying for! 

LAME!

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

sure DIRECTV could refound a portion of your bill.  One channel for a few weeks, you are probably looking at a dollar or two at most.

@starmight

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

4 years ago

@starmight ...

Or maybe the station owners should compensate you for withholding their signal from DirecTV.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I can concur this issue.  I am in central Texas.  All NBC channels freeze or picture becomes distorted.  All other channels are fine.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is crap! I wasted an hour of my life talking to a so called supervisor about not being able to watch the prime olympic events. He kept apologizing and assuring me that all of the events should be shown on the olympic channels. Obviously he doesn't know what he was talking about and had no anwer and would give no solution. I've been with Direct TV for almost 10 years and I'm thinking of changing carriers because of this. Very frustrated and annoyed!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I've had directv for 10 years.  The fact I can not watch any of the prime olymic events on Channel 7 out of Boston is unacceptable. This was the fianl straw- cancelling service tonight. 

Oh wait, I've been on hold for 20 minutes...and still holding...another reason to cancel.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…