Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
DirectTV_Fail's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Sep 20, 2016 9:50 PM

Yet Another DTV Billing Scam

I ended my contract with DTV last May.  We signed up with Costco for service thinking it was a bargan.  After the first year the bill doubled!.  I canceled the contract a few months early and paid a early termination fee.  It was cheaper than staying with DTV.   I should have read the fine print.  Oh well. 

The real scam came a few days ago.  I suddenly get a call from a collection agency threatening to ding my credit unless I paid them $176 for a DTV bill.  I called DTV and a rep said that yes, I owe them money for early termination.  He was insistant that I owed them money and he was trying to make me state the I knew about the charge.  It was being recorded so I expect that this was a trap.  I told him that I have the credit card bill from the last charge and I also asked him to check on the last payment to the company and tell me what it was.  I also asked to speak with a suppervisor and he suddenly told me that it was a billing error.  I was on the phone for half an hour before he admitted that it was an error. 

DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Responses

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

147.8K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @DirectTV_Fail,

We can look into this further and check to see what happened. We just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question