Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
R

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jan 13, 2021 9:46 PM

Wongful billing

When I moved last August, I called about closing my account and inquired about returning the equipment. They checked the serial numbers and told me the equipment was old and I didn't need to return it. Now I am being billed for $135 for unreturned equipment! I don't appreciate the lack of communication and the bad customer service.

Responses

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

13 days ago

Do you have DirecTV or AT&T TV?

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

13 days ago

Direct TV billed by AT&T. Don't have it now! Never again!

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

13 days ago

Moving to correct forum.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.1K Messages

13 days ago

AT&T owns multiple services like DirecTV and AT&T TV. So when posting in the forum make sure you are in the right section for the service you have. Other individual was able to move you to the correct section.

You say they checked the serial number. Well that doesn't determine if returnable or not. It is the model number that does as that determines if they still require it or not. The serial number just identifies which of the hundreds/thousands of that model is your exact one.

So because of checking a number that doesn't verify returnable or not, I suspect that was an outsourced agent. Unfortunately there are an increase of them these days per low staffing of company agents as they had to close call centers temporarily for Covid. This is not the normal experience for customer support, but they like everybody else are experiencing an unprecedented situation.

By any chance do you still have the box? If so get it returned so the NRF can be reversed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

3 Messages

12 days ago

Thank you for your comment but I did not keep it. 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

12 days ago

What was the model number, if you can remember?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.1K Messages

11 days ago

As they got an NRF of $135 then it should have been a Genie/Genie Lite/Genie-2 or possibly the last regular HDDVR (HR24). But if they already got rid of it, then it would be difficult to get the NRF reversed.

If model number is clearly non-returnable, where NRF was in error, then that shouldn't be too difficult to resolve (might require supervisor). But if was returnable, then I would have the account reviewed to see if perhaps the agent noted they told you otherwise to warrant an adjustment for misinformation (I would expect needing a supervisor for the review on that one).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question