Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Mon, Sep 12, 2016 3:15 PM

Why won't DirecTV honor Sunday Ticket offer they emailed me?

On Friday, Sept 9, 2016 I received an email stating the following:

"As our way of saying thanks for being part of the AT&T family, we are offering you the 2016 season subscription to DIRECTV's most popular football package (valued at over $350) at a special rate of just $99.96 for the season. That's just $24.99 per month over four months—call it a touchdown!"

I called later that day and was told by multiple employees that they would not honor the offer.  At first they couldn't find the offer and then they told me that I wasn't eligible.  The email (even the small print) says nothing about any eligibility requirements.  So I take that as anyone receiving the email is eligible.  I would love for someone to explain to me how this isn't false advertising.

Responses

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

you need to call DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000 or you may want to reach out @ATTDIRECTVCare

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Obviously I already tried calling them.  Maybe I'll try Twitter.  Maybe I'll eventually find someone who believes in following through on a bonafide offer.

Scrambles

Scholar

• 

145 Messages

4 years ago

Or maybe it's a phishing email. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Nope.  They finally acknowleged it was from them but they still would not honor it.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

4 years ago

no its a legit offer, i got an email also

even has 800-531-5000 as the number to call

deal expires 9/30/16

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Scrambles

Scholar

• 

145 Messages

4 years ago

savage

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

@mdram4x4 -  Did they honor it for you or did you even try?

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

4 years ago

didnt try, there are few games i would want to watch on it, as most of what i would watch is already on braodcast

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question