Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
DISHONESTATandT

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Sat, Jul 15, 2017 6:04 PM

Why pay for horrible dishonest service

Just get a Roku or Apple TV . Why pay 120-170 bucks a month to watch DVR'd shows that you can just play on Hulu or on the premium networks (small fees) ? This company played me from the start of my issue and I'm glad I'm out. This will save my family at least $100/month with little to no impact on our entertainment. Most networks have a channel on these devices and most content is available. Don't waste your money ! Next time you look at your bill think about it. All sports packages are available on streaming devices as well as newly released movies. If you can get out, get out !

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been a direct tv customer since 2003.  Since AT&T took over it customer service absolutely sucks!!  People at the out of America call centers have no clue.  You might as well be talking to a stuffed animal, oh wait, they do have a chart to look at....but can't communicate with out it.  I am done....goodbye Direct TV...after 14 years. Why oh Why did direct TV sell out...guess it's that thing called American Greed. 

t

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25K Messages

4 years ago

Streaming services like Hulu tend to get content well after the major networks. Even if they have the same show, Hulu (or others) may be seasons behind. Also not everyone has the convenience of having good enough internet (if at all) to use streaming services consistently. They do understand that broadband internet is a little more common then it used to be so they came out with their new DirectvNOW service as an alternative.

Just because Directv ended up not being right for you, doesn't mean the same for millions of other customers. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

How long have you worked for DIRECTV???
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25K Messages

4 years ago

I do not work for Directv. You'll notice I do not have the "employee" tag. I have just had the service long enough to see the pros and cons. Directv is still the right choice for my home, even if it may not be for yours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

It seems like you took the DIRECTV comments pretty personally. I apologize if I spoke poorly of your TV provider. Very protective. I can understand. Actually no, I can't . Weird. I have a genuine motivation and even if you are a DIRECTV groupie, you should thank me. Maybe if enough people get awful customer service and complain they will be motivated to improve. making your experience even better

Get started...

Ask a new question