For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
Why Is DIRECTV moving to ATT.com? - Things To Know From AT&T
Your DIRECTV Experience Is Getting Better
In this age of technology, change is a constant, and sometimes it isn’t easy. Like learning how to use GPS so you can get to work faster, or figuring out how to use a new device. Sometimes changes occur to things you’ve been doing the same way for years, like accessing your DIRECTV account. Not to worry, I put together a little something below to get you in the know and show you what is changing, why, and how to make it a seamless transition.
So, what is changing?
In a nutshell, we are packing up your things, loading them into a truck, and moving them into the myAT&T house. This means where & how you access your DIRECTV account, view your bill, or make changes to your account is moving to the AT&T Experience via att.com. With AT&T and DIRECTV being one family, it’s time we move in together.
Why is this happening?
With you in mind, AT&T wanted your experience to be smooth, easy, and better than what it was with DIRECTV alone. The myAT&T house was built with the customer experience in mind and moving you in just made sense. It has all the “furniture” you need to make it easier for you to access, view, and make changes to your account. Not just that, you get access to tools, not available before, via the myAT&T app. And get this, if you have multiple AT&T accounts it is one less place you have to sign into. You also have the options to combine them!
Need directions to the new house?
The road to the new AT&T Experience is an easy one and we have the directions to get you there. When you sign in via directv.com, you will be taken to a page to begin your journey (steps shown below)
- Go to att.com and select sign in
- Enter the ID and password you use for directv.com. (If you use the same ID to sign into your other AT&T account, make sure to select DIRECTV.)
- Enter your AT&T password you use for your AT&T account
- Accept Terms & Conditions. (If you do not accept terms & conditions, you may not be able to access att.com
Heads Up: When you sign in and confirm your ID, your DIRECTV account will be linked to the AT&T ID you already have. Not sure how you sign in? Learn the best way to sign in now! If you have multiple IDs, you can combine and use one ID to sign in.
Once you follow the above steps, you will now sign into att.com to view your DIRECTV account.
What else is changing?
A New Bill Layout
Yes, the bill is changing but it looks great! It will be kept separate unless you choose to combine it with another AT&T account. I put together some information regarding the New Bill Layout and Ways To Pay.
Heads Up: If you have more than one account, you may only see Make a Payment button on the Total Balance card. Select the blue circle with the plus symbol (+) to expand the card and see each of your accounts individually. Also, if you have more than one account and you're on the Billing and Payment pages, look for the account selector at the top and make sure that TV is in focus.
Watching TV Online (Streaming)
To stream the same great entertainment, go to directv.com/entertainment. You will be able to manage your account on att.com or with the myAT&T app.
Get answers & solutions fast
Personally, I think this is one of the coolest things! With the new AT&T Experience, you can troubleshoot your DIRECTV service from the comfort of you couch using the myAT&T app via smart device or from your PC (website). There is no need to call in anymore!
- Did you forget your ID or password? You can recover your ID or reset your password online.
- Type any keyword in the search bar at our Support Center or in the myAT&T app to find the info you’re looking for.
Set up contact info, preferences & more
- Add your wireless number to your account for easy password resets.
- Update your billing contact information so you are always in the know.
- Setup your privacy preferences and Parental Controls.
- Learn how to link other AT&T account to your DIRECTV ID. (Heads Up: Combining Your ID's does not link your account. You will still get a separate bill)
- Some accounts need separate ID's. Learn which accounts need their own ID.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.