Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
mcarkin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jul 15, 2017 2:01 PM

Why does DirectTV go out every time it rains?

I switched from Comcast to ATT/Direct TV 3+ months ago. They have moved my dish twice, it now sits in my back yard in plain view. They have rewired twice. They have replaced all of their fittings for each outlet. Nothing has made a difference. The picture freezes and then sattelite signal goes out EVERY TIME IT RAINS.

To further this debacle of a service, Billing promised me a monthly bill of $297/month for all my bundled services to entice me to switch from Comcast. My bill this month is $460. I have added no new services. None. They can't explain why my bill is so high and I just keep calling them every month. This is just as bad as comcast. In fact, at least comcast is a much better product.

I am at my wits end. No one that helps me seems to put notes in my account so that the next month, the billing department says they do not know what I am talking about when I give the last month's reps name.

I am so disappointed and frustrated!

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.1K Messages

2 years ago

DTV has always had a service fee as you own the dish there are videos on youtube if you want to try it yourself.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.5K Messages

2 years ago

@maximusbeer wrote:

It's a clown show.  Every time it sprinkles, satellite goes out.  I also have a recurring pixelation problem.  Today, I only get local channels.  I called and they want to charge me $99 because my satellite is "misaligned".  I've complained about the same problem for years.  How is Costco still pushing this product?

If you can safely reach your dish, it's not hard to align it yourself.  See this video ....

https://youtu.be/QA1krU8eo8E

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Standee

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

2 years ago

Yeah, mine too. It does seem to have improved though, in the last few weeks.  I think it depends on which direction the rain is coming from.  In my location, if it come from the south it goes out even before it starts raining.  If from the north moving southeast, I generally don’t have a problem.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.1K Messages

2 years ago

Get the dish realigned as it shouldn't go out unless there is heavy rain.

Get started...

Ask a new question