Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Sep 9, 2018 12:26 AM

Where is the genie history menu

I’m trying to find shows that I was just watching off of my recordings I went to eat dinner and when I came back they were deleted.  Can I get them back? How do I access the genie history

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

It's under "Manage Recordings" > "Record History"

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Where is the Manage Recordings????

According to your site and the booklet we were given it said, Press the LIST button to pull up your playlist, press the LEFT ARROW then press CHANNEL DOWN to highlight MANAGE RECORDINGS.  

All of this was done and MANAGE RECORDINGS DOES NOT EXIST! How do I access genie history -- I have only had Genie since September 8 -- 10 days.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

a month ago

Deleted recordings can't be recovered 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

@nabukl 

Perhaps Gabby wants to access the manage recordings option for something else. The OP was the one with the sudden deleted recordings, but that was 2 years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

NBC News on Friday night was not recorded and we wanted to find out why. (We could do it before we upgraded to Genie) We cannot find Manage Recordings, it does not exist below the words, Last Chance.  Any help would be great.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

The manage recordings will not tell you why something didn't record. Either it wasn't set to record or there was a techincal issue. In either case the "why" is unknown.

I would suggest if it has been a while to do a simple red button reset on each box to allow them to refresh and if needed resync with each other for anything that affects recordings. Just make sure to do so one at a time in a specific order.

Genie > WVB > Client > HDDVR > HD non-DVR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

a month ago

The history menu tells why a program wasn't recorded.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Juniper, the Manage Recordings under our old system would tell me if deleted by us or a higher priority show cancelled it or if there was a change and therefore it was not recorded. 

Shannon02, yes 

I have been on the phone to DirecTV and they have never heard of this problem, but the Manage Recordings is missing and they don't know what to do about it. They have sent it up to a higher help team, but no word has come telling me what the problem is.  I cannot even put recordings in order of preference to record, I cannot see what is coming up, used to be called the To-Do list.

Hard to know what the problem is, but they don't even know.

Thanks

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

I don't want to recover deleted programs. I want to manage recordings.

walkgood

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

25 days ago

press list.  then up-arrow to "recording manager" in upper right.  press select.

• 

5 Messages

19 days ago

We had the technician here today because we lost all the sound from the Genie. Called, got help online and were asked to try different things. No luck. Made an appointment the next day. First thing the tech did was to push the red button (Something the online person never said to do). It reset and the sound was back on. I mentioned this problem and he took a look. Well, the reset must have reset the manage recordings button. However, the "button" or link is NOT where all the videos say and the books say. It is on the upper right hand corner. Something the tech said he had never seen, "must be something new" was his comment. But we found it. Thanks for all your help.

Get started...

Ask a new question