Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Emilylaker's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Sep 21, 2016 9:41 PM

Where do I go to dispute a bill with Directv?

I called Directv before August in regards to moving my Directv service to another location. The representative that I had spoken with told me to just make sure and take my equipment that is inside the location and that I didn't need to worry about the satelite outside of my residence. I had informed her that I was moving in August on the 17th. She had informed that once I get moved and settled in to just give them a call so that my equipment could be hooked up. I had also asked her about how long can I wait before having my equipment set up and she had told me within a year. I didn't just move down the road or to the next town I moved to another state. I am getting billed for services I didn't use because I haven't had service since August. I have also received an email stating that my services will be completely terminated on September the 25th. It's not my fault that the representative that I spoke to didn't bother putting in the notes that I had called in regards to moving. I have been with Directv for years for satellite service. Not only that but my equipment is not hooked up either because like I stated before I moved from Georgetown, Illinois to Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Yes, I did notify Directv before I moved and if you notice in my history if and when my services have been interrupted I've always had them turned back on quickly. It has been over a month since I have had service. To my understanding in August when my service was interrupted Directv was aware that I was in the process of moving due to my previous conversation with a Directv representative. I didn't realize that I would have to call back and talk to someone else to make sure she did her job correctly and take notes as to conversation in asking about the procedures in moving my equipment to a new residence. I don't want to loose my service with Directv. I don't mind paying the bill but no one would also tell me when I could get my equipment moved. Besides its not right to charge someone when my equipment isn't hooked up. 

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I called that number (Direct TV 800-531-5000). At this point, I know it by
memory.

The rep gave me to a supervisor. The supervisor transferred me to billing.
Billing said I needed to talk to the cancellation dept. The cancellation
dept. said I needed to file a dispute ONLINE with Direct TV.

I filled out the form online. When I received an online response, it said
they couldn't handle it and to call......ready?... the Direct TV 800 number
!!!!!!!!!

AT & T is the parent company. WHO IS IN CHARGE????????? And how do I speak
to someone in authority who will take responsibility for the settlement made
with a supervisor on the phone... which showed as resolved with a credit on
our statement. But on the next month's statement, we were charged again !!!

Any suggestions? I will gladly take them.

• 

1 Message

7 days ago

I have been a Directv customer for 23+ years until I decided to cancel my service in early February 2021. When I canceled the service, I was told by the agent or CSR there was no cancellation fee due to my service tenure. Yesterday (2/21/21), I learned that my account has an outstanding balance of $240 for an early cancellation fee. The agent I spoke with yesterday was not helpful as it looks like “he did not have all the information about my account” and instead provided a PO Box address in Dallas.  He did mention that one of my receivers was replaced in 2020. True, it was replaced because it did not work as it continuously crashed/restarted. To summarize, I was automatically pushed into a 2-year contract (after 23+ years of loyalty) for replacing defective AT&T equipment.  AT&T equipment, for which I was charged a monthly fee. It is not only a despicable or shady practice, as the (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) (2018) stated. It’s the lack of integrity that got me out the rails. Below is an AT&T core value from their website:

“Exceeding expectations. AT&T satisfies this part of its mission statement by offering attractive deals to its customers and other stakeholders. For instance, the company goes out of its way to help its customers get a technological upgrade through its trade-in program. Such customer-friendly opportunities are perhaps exclusively available only at AT&T. This is just an example of many other ways through which the company reaches is out to benefit its customers through technology. The company also offers attractive discounts, a treat that goes a long way in promoting customer experience.”

AT&T definitely went out of its way to promote a positive customer experience. AT&T replaced "their AT&T defective receiver" by locking me to a 2-year contract after 23+ years of customer loyalty. I will post this message on every social board as AT&T's behavior is repugnant. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

7 days ago

It doesn't matter who you talk with.  They will just lie to you anyway.

Get started...

Ask a new question