Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Emilylaker's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Sep 21, 2016 9:41 PM

Where do I go to dispute a bill with Directv?

I called Directv before August in regards to moving my Directv service to another location. The representative that I had spoken with told me to just make sure and take my equipment that is inside the location and that I didn't need to worry about the satelite outside of my residence. I had informed her that I was moving in August on the 17th. She had informed that once I get moved and settled in to just give them a call so that my equipment could be hooked up. I had also asked her about how long can I wait before having my equipment set up and she had told me within a year. I didn't just move down the road or to the next town I moved to another state. I am getting billed for services I didn't use because I haven't had service since August. I have also received an email stating that my services will be completely terminated on September the 25th. It's not my fault that the representative that I spoke to didn't bother putting in the notes that I had called in regards to moving. I have been with Directv for years for satellite service. Not only that but my equipment is not hooked up either because like I stated before I moved from Georgetown, Illinois to Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Yes, I did notify Directv before I moved and if you notice in my history if and when my services have been interrupted I've always had them turned back on quickly. It has been over a month since I have had service. To my understanding in August when my service was interrupted Directv was aware that I was in the process of moving due to my previous conversation with a Directv representative. I didn't realize that I would have to call back and talk to someone else to make sure she did her job correctly and take notes as to conversation in asking about the procedures in moving my equipment to a new residence. I don't want to loose my service with Directv. I don't mind paying the bill but no one would also tell me when I could get my equipment moved. Besides its not right to charge someone when my equipment isn't hooked up. 

Responses

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

You should of have called to put your accoung on hold until you were already moved in the new place.  

To dispute the bill, 

You need to contact support here: Contact DIRECTV or you may want to reach out @ATTDIRECTVCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had $579 taken off my 13 year Olds government social security card which I was told not once but twice was taken off the account. When I talked to direct TV they told me they couldn't take that card off the account n that they can't return the money and I did not give them permission to take it off that can. I also was very clear that it would be the state of Pennsylvania that would be pressing charges against the company for this and they still said there was nothing they could do to go online and fill out a billing dispute which I want even find. Also they are still taking money off this card. Who can I contact to get this back before the government gets involved because I am allowing them to press for charges against the company for this since we never told them they could take this money from this account
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.1K Messages

4 years ago

As stated above.

To dispute the bill, 

You need to call DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000 or you may want to reach out @ATTDIRECTVCare

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My name is Bobby​ and I sent I. A money order on may the 8th and the money order get chacked on may the 12th I want to know where my money is at . Call me at ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Bobby​cole

This is a public customer to customer forum. You can log onto your account at www.directv.com or call them at 1-800-531-5000 to verify that the payment posted to your account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

desde el 5 de abril le hice un pago de 1620 dolares a dierectv por error y desde esa fecha estoy intentando la devolucion de $1473.14 que tengo positivo en la cuenta, al dia de hoy el dinero ya no esta en esa cuenta y nadie sabe decirme donde esta el dinero, me dicen que se lo enviaron a ATT y ATT ya le dijo que no tenia ese dinero ya que yo no soy cliente de ellos, estoy escribiendo en este sitio ya que fue una de las opciones que me dio directv, pero si no tengo respuesta sobre esto, voy a empezar una demanda contra Directv por danos y perjuicios y todo el tiempo perdido para la devolucion del dinero, tambien me estoy encargando de difundir mi problema por todas las redes sociales y lo sacare por television.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I need my refund.  I tried to get cable for a new apt i recently moved into i cancelled my request immediately. Accessmedia 3  cancelled my acct immediately unfortunately they had already processed my account, they were able to stop, unfortunately Direct Tv had already taken the funds from my account a matter of seconds had transpired. Direct TV HAS NOT refunded by Direct Tv and ATT

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.5K Messages

4 years ago

@sickmick, we're not DirecTV employees.  You'll need to call them to straighten that out .... 1 800 531 5000.  Good luck. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Before I moved to Texas from Florida end of 2013, I contacted Direct TV to disconnect the service. The lady over the phone advised me to suspend the service instead of the cancelling, because there is 2 months to go with my contract and to avoid early termination  fee , where I did work with her advice. After arriving in Texas,January 2014 I contacted Direct TV. To reinstate the service, the lady over the phone checked my new TX address. And said unfortunately we don’t service this part of the county at this time. The lady apologized to me for not serving this side town. and she will terminate the contract between us without any damage to my name and my credit   and after she confirmed that I handed over all the equipment she did calculate my final bill  and she found that  they owe me $ 23.00, 3 months later they  reported me to collection for $ 513.00 and still showing on my credit report ,,,,, today I work for competitor and I do use this robbery to worn my customers where most of them agreed with me  and advise them to switch , I have switched many,many, many, many ,customers  away from direct TV and AT&T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Before I moved to Texas from Florida, I contacted Direct TV to cancel the service. The lady over the phone advised me to suspend the service instead of the cancelling, where I did work with her advice. After arriving in Texas, I contacted them. To reinstate the service, the lady over the phone checked my new TX address. And said unfortunately we don’t service this part of the county. The lady apologized for not serving this side town. and she will terminate the contract between us without any damage to my name and my credit   and after she confirmed that I handed over the equipment she calculate my final bill  and she found that  they owe me $ 23, 3 months later they  reported to collection for $ 513 and still showing on my credit report ,,,,, today I work for competitor and I do use this robbery to worn my customers and advise them to switch , I have switched many many, many, many ,customers  away from direct tv

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I won't to dispute my bill.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

3 years ago

@SweetMM

This is a public customer to customer forum. Though we can assist with some billing questions, and helping to resolve many technical issues, we do not have access to your account as we are customers like yourself.

To make changes to your account or dispute something on your bill then call Directv 1-800-531-5000.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

AT&T stinks and so does DirectTv! I tried to cancel and they refused to cancel my service because I owed a months bill. Well, due to health issues and med bills they billed me for 5 months. (I was cut off so ZERO service.) Anyway, one of their collections companies called me and I paid off a settlement of 3 months and was told it was paid in full. I called them today and they rude woman said "You paid the collection agency! We are NOT paid off." THIS is only one reason I will NEVER GO BACK! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We had a very similar problem and a supervisor agreed to waive any cancellation fees.  Two months later, DirectTV re-billed us and sent us to a collection agency.  If it is not resolved, I am filing a complaint with the Public Utilities Commission.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

3 years ago

@KAU502

This is a customer to customer forum. We cannot resolve bill disputes. You will need to call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000. If DirecTV agrees to credit the ECF, then give it a couple business days before contacting the collection agency to verify they received the update. Check the bill to see if there were any other charges beyond the ECF as DirecTV wouldn't promise to credit the entire bill.

Get started...

Ask a new question