Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Feb 8, 2017 1:50 AM

What is Regional Sports Fee?

Can someine explain why we are being charged Regional Sports Fee - Charge  if we didn't order this or wasn't made aware of these charges before hand.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

People who don't watch sports are understandably upset when the RSN fees were moved from being averaged to all customers within package cost to being itemized separately on the bill. The package is not listed on the website, only available through customer care so people can have misconceptions on how the package works.

Since I have the package I can give accurate information. I am even willing to verify specific package channels because I would only want someone to choose this package if it is correct for them. If @44158663RJ and @rjl19939 are willing to post the channels they believe they would be loosing, I would be happy to check on my TV. If it turns out anything has changed and there are channels removed that I was unaware of, I would freely admit to that. As of now though there are no non-sport channels removed (except channels like Encore if in Ultimate which are available al-a-carte)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

My offer to verify channels still stands. Preferred Xtra removes some sports and adds other channels in their place (like Hallmark Movies & Mysteries). Because of the sport channels being removed, and specifically the RSNs, the package is cheaper than Xtra. Just because the package is lower cost doesn't mean other channels are being removed, that just showcases how much more costly sports are.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

@44158663RJ @rjl19939 or anyone else who needs it. Here is the lineup for Preferred Xtra. It is available to be viewed by ones who currently have it. I wish they listed it publically for all. The list does need updating as Chiller just shutdown. It will only show the national channels that everybody gets, so for example locals are not show as they are specific to the address and can be verified by www.directv.com/locals by your zip/county. If by some chance there are national non sports channels, that are not a separate add on, you do not see in the list, feel free to post back with them and I would be happy to check on my TV.

Preferred Xtra Lineup.PNG

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I dont watch sports why am I being charged???

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

@hilrenz wrote:

Read the previous posts in this thread.  If you don't want any sports channels so you don't pay that fee you need to change to a channel package that doesn't include them. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I left Direct TV and went with someone else who gives me more of what I want
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

@hilrenz wrote:

Question has been answered multiple times in the thread and others. But here is a recap for you.

Packages Choice and above include your professional Regional Sport Network(s) (RSN) and specific professional teams (MLB, NHL, NBA) for your address: www.directv.com/rsn

Itemized on bill so you see what your local teams (in market) are charging.

Packages below Choice (Family, Select, Entertainment) do not have the RSNs so there is no RSN fee. However, Entertainment has ESPN, ESPN2, Pursuit, and Fox Sports 1 (FS1) which are the only channels it has that Select does not. So if you don't watch sports at all, do not choose the Entertainment package.

New special package that came out at, or around, the same time that the RSN fee was itemized. Preferred Xtra has no RSN fee because no RSNs, even removing some other sport channels. Base cost cheaper than Xtra. Adds in a few channels from the Ultimate package level. If the channels you enjoy are in at least Choice, but you don't watch sports, than Preferred Xtra is the best option. This special package is only available over the phone, I believe because it does not showcase sports which is one of DirecTV's biggest selling points.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Last week we spoke to someone about an adjusted monthly payment amount for my account and my bill still has not been adjusted to that amount. Can you tell me why?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Bill adjustment amount was to be changed to $100 plus tax

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Crystaldom5011 wrote:

Last week we spoke to someone about an adjusted monthly payment amount for my account and my bill still has not been adjusted to that amount. Can you tell me why?

Nobody here can tell you. This is not a DirecTV staffed support forum.  We're customers like you, helping other customers with technical issues.  You'll need to call DirecTV .... 1 800 531 5000

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

@Crystaldom5011

Either bill was already produced before adjustment applied, adjustment was submitted but removed by system or supervisor, or adjustment not submitted in the 1st place.

In any event, this is a public customer to customer forum. You will need to call Directv 1-800-531-5000 to discuss the adjustment.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Why have you billed me under SVOD Again

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I thought I resolved the charge of $46.06 SVOD the last time we spoke

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

2 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum with no access to any accounts so don't know who you talked to but it wasn't us as we don't have a phone number.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

Go to the Dish Network you do not pay regional spots fees

Get started...

Ask a new question