Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
C

• 

3 Messages

Sun, May 9, 2021 11:58 PM

Wanting to suspend DirecTv but keep the internet active for.security seasond

Is it possible to have one suspended and keep the other active?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

1 m ago

Yes, you can suspend DTV for up to 6 months per year with a $7 per month fee.  You have to call to set it up.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

27.2K Messages

1 m ago

DirecTV and your ISP (even if AT&T) are separate service providers.

Suspend DIRECTV Service - DIRECTV Customer Support (att.com)

One thing not mentioned on the support page is that there is now a $7 monthly vacation hold for the account. Still much cheaper than leaving it on during that time of course.

You appear to have a typo so not sure what you mean by...

"for.security seasond"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TrollGod69

Associated Member

• 

95 Messages

1 m ago

The $7 monthly fee for vacation suspend was removed back in September of last year and the only thing that continues to bill is the $0.19 federal cost recovery fee.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

1 m ago

The $7 monthly fee for vacation suspend was removed back in September of last year and the only thing that continues to bill is the $0.19 federal cost recovery fee.

No sure where you got that info @TrollGod69 

Suspend Directv account

To suspend your DIRECTV® service, call us at  800.288.2020. Keep in mind that we apply a fee of up to $7 per month for suspended accounts.

(edited)

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

27.2K Messages

1 m ago

@TrollGod69 

Still in the Terms of Service for that suspend fee (vacation hold).

Terms of Service - Legal Policy Center - AT&T (att.com)

Vacation Hold Up to $7 Alternate monthly recurring charge if you put your service on a temporary hold while on vacation for 2-6 months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
TrollGod69

Associated Member

• 

95 Messages

1 m ago

I’m a DIRECTV loyalty agent. As of September 7th, 2020 there is no longer a $7 MRC for vacation suspend. The $0.19 Federal Cost Recovery Fee continues to be billed.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

1 m ago

@TrollGod69  

As of September 7th, 2020 there is no longer a $7 MRC for vacation suspend. The $0.19 Federal Cost Recovery Fee continues to be billed.

Then I guess someone should tell AT&T about that.

ETA:  I can find no WRITTEN CONFIRMATION of that statement quoted above.  @TrollGod69  Can you provided a link with that information?

(edited)

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

TrollGod69

Associated Member

• 

95 Messages

1 m ago

@ skeeterintexas

I got that information from a tool that only agents have access to. I will try to send a screen shot of it tomorrow when I’m at work. And I know the $0.19 fee continues to bill because I have suspended customers accounts and it shows up on the configuration screen and have seen it on customers bills.

(edited)

TrollGod69

Associated Member

• 

95 Messages

1 m ago

Here you go...

Get started...

Ask a new question